[Support request] Ability to recreate look of another theme

Home Forums Support Ability to recreate look of another theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Todd

Hi, I am using generatepress for one site, but I am strongly considering switching my main website to generatepress also.

My main question is: Is it fairly easy for me to recreate the look of my current site (below) with generatepress?

The homepage is the only real custom page with a header image at the top, a featured slider below, a featured post below that, a box with content, and then a list of current blog posts with a link to the blog. Then my sidebar mainly has a subscribe box and widgets.

The other thing I couldn’t figure out was that my site has a max width and then has a grey checkered background on the outside? Does generatepress have the ability to do something like that?

Thanks for any help you can provide. I don’t expect you to tell me how to do all of this, but just if it is something possible with not too much custom work.

Todd

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

design wise it looks reasonably straightforward – it would take a little CSS for some styles such as the border lines – happy to help there.

You would need some plugins for the Carousel and the Form.
    And for the posts we would recommend the WP Show Posts plugin.

Todd

Ok thanks. Could I also ask you what you recommend to install a draft site before publishing? Through wordpress itself?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Your hosting might have staging site service – worth checking with them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.