[Resolved] A very simple question, I would like a container to fill the background differen

Home Forums Support [Resolved] A very simple question, I would like a container to fill the background differen

Home Forums Support A very simple question, I would like a container to fill the background differen

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hernan

Hi, in GeneratePress it is easy to change the background type. In this banner I have the background image in “cover” format

On desktop and tablet it looks good. But it doesn’t work well on mobile, everything becomes too square. I would like that in mobile it was another type of padding, maybe “fill”

I tried the following but it doesn’t work, I’ve tried several ways but I can’t:

.gb-container-b334a3b7::before{
    		background-size: fill !important;
    	}

I’ve also tried creating a class for the container and targeting the ::before of that class but it doesn’t work either.

How could I correct it? It would be great if in the future GeneratePress/GenerateBlocks could set different types of background-size responsively in the design menu

Thanks !

Hernan

I was able to come up with the solution I feel a little embarrassed. Turns out I was actually doing it right but the property chosen was wrong (barely noticeable difference, fill and cover look bad on mobile)

In mobile I decided something a bit strange:

.container-responsive::before{
    		background-size: 170% !important;
    	}

It’s not very elegant, I’m trying to center everything manually, but it’s an option

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear you found a solution.

Just a side note: The GenerateBlocks Pro has plugin has an Advanced Background feature that allows you to set different images and image settings for different devices.

Hernan

Thank you very much for the tip ! I really liked it, that way I have more control in the same editor

Thank you !

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.