A lifehaker/longreads menu type

Home Forums Support A lifehaker/longreads menu type

Home Forums Support A lifehaker/longreads menu type

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Roberto Enrique

It would be really nice to have a benu bar that behaves like the one on lifehacker or longreads.
    I mean, it shows when the page loads, then you scroll down and it disappears… then, regardless of how “deep” you’ve down-scrolled it appears again when you scroll up.
    The actual menu is also always minimized (at the left) and there’s a “call-to-action” to the right that can be very useful.

Is there a way to make this happen in the actual generatepress?

Thanks in advance

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I plan on releasing a pretty awesome add-on that will have some features like this incorporated – including the menu icon being clickable to open the menu on the left/right.

Sticky nav/header options will be included with options to always stay sticky, and an option to hide unless scrolling up.

You can always find a script that has that functionality and apply it to your GP installation for the time being. Usually you just need to tell the script the class of the element.

Laura Brown

That’s a nice idea. Could the same thing work for the footer too? I know there will be people who will never figure out where the information is if it doesn’t drop down for them to see it. But, I really like keeping the space less cluttered. The clean look is so much nicer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.