- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 4 months ago by Tom.
December 20, 2017 at 9:59 am #453968wekhter
First of all, I want to say thank you once again for this great theme, great premium addon, and great support. I recently switched 3 more sites over to GP over the course of 2 days and it’s so great to be able to have things just work 🙂 I just wanted to put together some feature requests/suggestions I have.
1) A template tag to display term description (for taxonomy archives)
2) Ability to define some sort of custom text on a per-page basis… the new global setup of page headers is really great in some ways compared to the previous setup, but in other ways can be really cumbersome if you want to have a unified page header style but different text on a specific page. For instance, if you want to have an about page header say “All about our mission” while leaving the page title “About”
1) Cart in header – others have requested before, but: an option for the # of items instead of the total price (or the option for both, or neither). Would also be nice to have some features like in Storefront’s menu cart: https://demo.woothemes.com/storefront/ like the hover-over button straight to checkout once something’s in the cart.
2) Cart – There’s an option to enable distraction-free checkout, would be cool to have something similar for the cart.
3) Checkout – alongside the distraction-free checkout option, it would be great to have a one-column checkout option (instead of the default 2-col). And in the cart, it would be great to have a two-column option (instead of the default cart totals below the main table)
4) Checkout – would be nice if the select2 features were automatically styled more in line with the rest of the form elements (color etc)
5) Shop page – WooCommerce 3.3 will be adding the ability to choose products per row & rows per page in the customizer (https://woocommerce.wordpress.com/2017/12/09/wc-3-3-will-look-great-on-all-the-themes/), similar to how GP allows it now, so it would be cool to get different features in the WC addon, like: ability to switch between product/category view on the shop, or to show featured products/choose a category to feature on the main shop page.
6) Checkout – I think this might be an oversight, but the radio buttons in the WooComm checkout don’t appear if you only load Font Awesome essentials.
1) Page Footers – basically the page headers feature, but letting you set up footers instead. This could be a cool way to include things like a note at the bottom of each blog post mentioning social networks or a way to show the author bio (making use of the built-in WordPress bio feature), or page footers w/ business address/contact information that can be pulled into things like the 404 page
2) 404 page – when setting up global header locations, I noticed you can select one for the 404 page. It would be really awesome to just be able to make a 404 page in general 🙂GeneratePress 2.0.1GP Premium 1.5.6December 20, 2017 at 11:54 pm #454297TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
1. This is already possible, you just need to use this tag:
2. You can do this using the
Tons of great WooCommerce ideas – thank you!
As for the 404 page, I typically link people to this plugin: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/404page/
It gives you full control over the 404 page.
Thank you again – I’ve noted quite a few of your suggestions for a future update 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.