[Support request] 96 external links are broken

Home Forums Support [Support request] 96 external links are broken

Home Forums Support 96 external links are broken

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andrew

Hi Guys,
    I’m really loving this theme, my site is so much faster now and so much easier to work. THANK YOU! πŸ™‚

I need a bit of advice please and hoping you can help with some.

I got a report from SEM Rush today so I’m a bit nervous about a lot of errors with no idea how or why some of them have happened, I may have to re-install my old theme until I get it all sorted, also having trouble with media files gone from URLS (date uploads files missing from URL) but that’s another issue, probably something to do with me removing short pixel (I think).

One of the errors I notice in my report is the 96 broken external links.

In particular the one in my footer copyright that links to your website generatepress.com

Screenshot
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/35D29wsyPuRKd1Fi6

Why would this be broken according to SEM?
    I also had others but I think it was because they were old posts I had linking to events on another website that have ended.

I like having the link there for now as it helps you guys I guess but will remove it if I have to.

I’ve wanted to try out your theme for years now but was afraid I’d stuff something up.
    My old theme was a Genesis standard framework, customized I think?
    WpEngine second level are having a look at it for me, they also said to contact you.

Am I just being paranoid about all this?
    Should I be looking for a ranking drop soon because of all my errors in SEM or do you think most can be fixed or ignored?

I’m a one man business and couldn’t afford Codeable to help me this time (quoted me over $6000 which I can’t afford) so I tried to do it myself in staging, then did the same changes on the live site when I was confident (so I could keep my current woocommerce orders). Although I have liked what Codeable have done for me in the past I cannot afford to every single time I try to do something with my site, this is why I wanted to start over with a new theme I can manage myself.

I’m also playing around with BB and trying to fix things, remove old content etc but don’t want to do too much if I have to restore my old site anyway.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for making an awesome theme and for all your hard work providing worldwide support.

Regards
    Andrew W

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

glad to hear your enjoying the Theme πŸ™‚

I have no idea why those Links, which are working, would show up as broken links – can SEMRush support provide any insight to it ?

Andrew

I did some looking around, haven’t asked SEMRush support. But from what I understand it is usually because the website owner has chosen to block the bot for some reason. It is not allowing a bot to crawl it. Whether it is just the bot from SEMRush or other bots that it’s not allowing I’m not sure. Seems to be nothing wrong at my end though so I have moved on to the next issue. Will let you know if I find out more.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmmm maybe Tom blocks external bots πŸ™‚ Thanks for letting us know your findings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.