[Resolved] 600×9999 images

Home Forums Support [Resolved] 600×9999 images

Home Forums Support 600×9999 images

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Garth Dryland

Hey Tom

I just noticed that some themes generate varying image sizes.

Does the GP theme generate 600×9999 images?

If not do you know how to deactivate them from generating?

I cant seems to find any info on it.

Cheers

Garth Dryland

Never mind. It appears it has something to do with MailPoet.

Garth Dryland

Actually upon further investigation, the 600×9999 image generation only takes place if both the GP Premium and MailPoet plugins are activated. I had all other plugins disabled.

Also if i enable all plugins except MailPoet or GP Premium the 600×9999 images aren’t generated.

So as soon as both of these plugins are activated at the same time the issue occurs, regardless of what else is active/deactivated.

Any ideas?

Cheers Tom

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It might be the image resizer for Blog/Page Header.

The new versions use the core image resizer, which will cut down on a lot of these weird image sizing issues some people have been having.

Garth Dryland

Okay. I did some more testing following the latest GP theme update v1.2.9.2

What I found was the 600×9999 images still generate if I have both MailPoet and GP Premium activated.

I also noticed that when GP Premium is activated I can not generate proportional images.

I had this issue before starting this thread however I had deactivate sizing (by setting to 0) in settings / media so hadn’t realized GP Premium was the cause this issue until today.

(NB “Crop thumbnail to exact dimensions (normally thumbnails are proportional)” is unchecked during these tests.)

If I reactive media sizing with GP Premium activated, I get hard cropped and even stretched images if the sizing number is larger than the original image. I also know this was happening prior to the latest GP theme update v1.2.9.2

While both MailPoet and GP Premium must be activated to make the 600×9999 images, I only need GP Premium activated to stop wordpress from generating proportional images.

MailPoet plays no part in stopping wordpress proportional image generation.

There certainly appears to be some sort of conflict with GP Premium and WordPress in this respect and I would assume at the stage that MailPoet is not really the issue here.

Where to from here? Any solution suggestions you could implement in GP Premium would be awesome.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I haven’t released the new version of GP Premium yet, which would explain why nothing has changed yet.

If you’d like, you can send me temporary FTP access to the wp-content/plugins folder, and I can manually update Page Header/Blog so you can see if the new version fixes this issue.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Garth Dryland

Okay. I assumed it was the theme update you were referring too as it came out within a few hours of your post.

If the update for GP Premium isn’t to far away then its fine to just leave as it is until then.

I can deal with that later. I have plenty more things to tidy up and optimize etc.

I heard (read) there is a new addon. Nice! Cant wait to check it out. Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

New version should be out very shortly – there’s been a delay because I’ve been making sure everything is perfect with the new add-on before releasing ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.