500 – Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are lookin

Home Forums Support 500 – Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are lookin

Home Forums Support 500 – Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are lookin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bharath

Once i activate GP Premium Plugin.I do Get 500 – Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Deactivated all other plugin and manually activated one at a time. found problem with gp premium plugin.

PHP Warning: is_readable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/languages/en_US.mo) is not within the allowed path(s):

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

This is actually due to your server configuration.

If you contact your hosting with this error they should be able to fix it for you right away.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Did a quick search on this – seems it’s a very common error with WP and Windows based hosting.

Your hosting should be able to tweak the open_basedir setting in PHP to fix it.

If you search the error you’ll find a lot of examples.

john

Did you figure out how to fix it Bharath? I’ve encountered the same exact problem. When I try activating the plugin the 500 – Internal server error. I disabled all my plugins and found this ONLY happens with the gp premium plugin. I Tried searching online for fixes but I can’t find a solution.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi John,

If you contact your server admin they can look at the error_log file and see exactly why this is happening.

It may be as simple as needing to increase your PHP memory limit: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/increasing-memory-limit/

Let me know πŸ™‚

john

Thanks for the quick response Tom! I’ll let you know if your advice fixes the problem.

john

To my mystake, I was running wordpress on plesk hosting. I wasn’t able to figure out how to change my memory limit on plesk so I did some research and decided to switch to cpanel. Your plugin works flawlessly on using the cpanel hosting. Great theme and plugin! Thank you for your support Tom.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting – thanks for mentioning the memory issue with Plesk, should come in handy later.

Glad it’s working now! πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.