[Resolved] 404 page broke?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] 404 page broke?

Home Forums Support 404 page broke?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Matt

1. I went to a wrong page accidentally and noticed in my child theme that my 404 page doesn’t load correctly. Would you happen to know why it looks the way it does?

2. My mini cart looks crazy smushed on my screen. On a larger screen it looks fine.
    If you add https://staging1.echocalls.com/product/mallard-madness-14-this-ones-for-you-duck-hunting-video/
    to cart and go to cart page something is force smushing it to the incorrect size. https://imgur.com/a/LpG5Z7b
    For instance why does wordpress generate thumbnails if it isn’t going to display them correctly scaled?
    The app that highlights incorrectly scaled images shows it’s trying to force the image down from the 300×300 image original except wordpress created thumbnails for everything and if it didn’t i also used EWWW to create and regenerate thumbnails but wordpress isn’t trying to resize from the smaller thumbnail it trys to resize from the original. Is that normal?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Just had a quick look of your page and looks like there are lots of issues there.

Any chance you can disable all plugins except GP Premium to eliminate conflicts from other plugins first?

Let me know 🙂

Matt

Alright so I disabled all plugins except woocommerce and GP premium and i Still see the same. https://imgur.com/a/CrRo8xi

I am running a simple mega menu that i guess isn’t so simple anymore.

/*simple mega menu*/
    /*desktop mega menu */
    @media (min-width: 769px) {
    nav .main-nav .mega-menu {
    position: static;
        }

.cart-contents>span.number-of-items {
        display: inline-block;
        top: -20px;
    }

.cart-contents>span:not(:empty) {
        margin-left: -5px;
    }	
    /* makes yellow shadow box around menu 
    nav {
    box-shadow: 1px 1px 1px 1px #ffff00 !important;
    	}
    */
    nav .main-nav .mega-menu > ul {
    position: absolute;
    width: 100%;
    left: 0 !important;
    box-shadow: 1px 0px 4px 1px #ffff00 !important;
        }

nav .main-nav .mega-menu > ul > li > a {
    font-weight: bold;
        }

nav .main-nav .mega-menu>ul>li {
            display: inline-block;
            width: 25%;
            vertical-align: top;
        }

nav .main-nav .mega-menu.mega-menu-col-2>ul>li {
            width: 50%;
        }

nav .main-nav .mega-menu.mega-menu-col-3>ul>li {
            width: 33.3333%;
        }

nav .main-nav .mega-menu.mega-menu-col-5>ul>li {
            width: 20%;
        }

nav .main-nav .mega-menu > ul > li:hover > a,
        nav .main-nav .mega-menu > ul > li:focus > a,
        nav .main-nav .mega-menu > ul > li[class*="current-"] > a,
        nav .main-nav .mega-menu ul ul {
    background-color: transparent !important;
    color: inherit;
    }
    nav .main-nav .mega-menu ul .sub-menu {
    position: static;
    display: block;
    opacity: 1;
    visibility: visible;
    width: 100%;
    box-shadow: 0 0 0;
    left: 0;
    height: auto;
        }

nav .main-nav .mega-menu ul.toggled-on .sub-menu {
    	pointer-events: auto;
        }

nav .main-nav .mega-menu .sub-menu .menu-item-has-children .dropdown-menu-toggle {
    	        display: none;
        }

.main-navigation ul li:hover > a {
      background-image: linear-gradient(#00540f, black) !important;  
    	color: #ffff00 !important;
    }
    div.inside-navigation,
    .main-nav > ul > li > ul.sub-menu {
        background-image: linear-gradient(#00540f, black) !important;
    }
    .main-navigation .site-logo {
    position: absolute !important;
    margin-left: 10px !important;  left: 0;
    top: 0;
    }
    .main-navigation .site-logo img {
        height: 175px !important;
    	margin-top: -15px !important;
    }

/*testing*/

li.menu-item.menu-item-type-taxonomy.menu-item-object-product_cat.menu-item-has-children.menu-item-1693,
    li.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-1756, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-1755, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-1758, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-1760, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-taxonomy.menu-item-object-product_cat.menu-item-1742, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-1765, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-1766, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-taxonomy.menu-item-object-product_cat.menu-item-1717, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-taxonomy.menu-item-object-product_cat.menu-item-1719, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-taxonomy.menu-item-object-product_cat.menu-item-1721, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-post_type.menu-item-object-page.menu-item-1705, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-post_type.menu-item-object-page.menu-item-1708, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-post_type.menu-item-object-page.menu-item-1697, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-post_type.menu-item-object-page.menu-item-1709, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-post_type.menu-item-object-page.menu-item-1700, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-post_type.menu-item-object-page.menu-item-privacy-policy.menu-item-1696,
    li.menu-item.menu-item-type-post_type.menu-item-object-page.menu-item-1698,
    li.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-1713,
    li.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-1716
    {
    padding-left: 160px !important;
    width: 450px !important;
    }
    li.menu-item.menu-item-type-taxonomy.menu-item-object-product_cat.menu-item-has-children.menu-item-1695,
    li.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-1759, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-1757, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-1761, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-1883, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-1764, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-1767, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-taxonomy.menu-item-object-product_cat.menu-item-1718, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-taxonomy.menu-item-object-product_cat.menu-item-1720, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-taxonomy.menu-item-object-product_cat.menu-item-1722, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-post_type.menu-item-object-page.menu-item-1707, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-post_type.menu-item-object-page.menu-item-2419, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-post_type.menu-item-object-page.menu-item-1772, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-post_type.menu-item-object-page.menu-item-1704, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-post_type.menu-item-object-page.menu-item-1701, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-post_type.menu-item-object-page.menu-item-1710, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-1712, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-1714, li.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-1715 {
    width: 450px !important;
    }

I had to do the padding left to get my items to line up semi-correctly and out from under my logo. It looks fine on smaller screens like 1500×800 but my screen doesn’t show it looking lined up correctly on this computer however I feel like maybe that might be the culprit. There’s got to be an easier way to get the items lined up on my menu without all this per item addition crap. Also something in the simple mega menu CSS causes my page to be wider than 100%? https://imgur.com/a/5k63Vba

I know the solution to fix the items under the menu is to change their z-index or change the logo’s to something lower but I really like how the logo floats over the menu. Shouldn’t I be able to do that with some code tweaking?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if you Right Click > Inspect the broken page you will see all the Theme files are being requested from the TLD not the staging site – so they are 404ing.

You need to fix those URLs for it to work correctly.

Matt

So once the staging site is swapped to live it will fix the issue? Or are you saying I need to edit them regardless to fix the issue. Not sure what to edit to fix the issue and not sure what TLD is. Note: This is a child theme on a staging site.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes, when you switch back to the live site it should fix the issue.
    You can try searching and replacing those URLs – but this generally is handled by the server or plugin that generates the staging site.

Matt

#2 question. Is that the correct size?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

That is the default size that Woocommerce sets it to.

You can set it to a different size with some CSS like this:

.woocommerce-cart table.cart img, 
    .woocommerce-checkout table.cart img {
        width: 150px;
    }
    Matt

Thank you for your help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.