[Resolved] 4.9 – anyone else having TinyMCE issues?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] 4.9 – anyone else having TinyMCE issues?

Home Forums Support 4.9 – anyone else having TinyMCE issues?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Andy

Hi Tom (and all)…

Just upgraded one of my testing build sites with WP 4.9 and I’m finding when I toggle back from TEXT view to VISUAL view in the SECTION editor that it won’t switch tabs, and it generates the following line of code in TEXT view:

<span style="display: inline-block; width: 0px; overflow: hidden; line-height: 0;" data-mce-type="bookmark" class="mce_SELRES_start"></span>

I’ve disabled my own child theme and all other plugins, so I’m only running GP Premium plugin and GP theme. Getting the same issue on another demo site too.

I spotted this thread: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/problems-editing-headers-in-wordpress-4-9-beta/ where the color pickers were not behaving, and it looks like when I view the SETTINGS view of the SECTION that none of the color pickers are showing (just the field labels).

Anyone else seeing this? For now, I’m leaving all other sites on 4.8…

Andy

André

Was about to ask if it’s safe to upgrade to WordPress 4.9. I’ll wait for now.

johnzoro

Me too

Jim

Yes, I’m seeing this too. Revisions are not working for me since upgrade either?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Here’s our demo site using WP 4.9 and GPP 1.5.3: https://www.screencast.com/t/KYCnHqXwC

Am I doing the right things to see this bug?

Jim

Hi Tom, can I ping you a login so you can see what’s happening for me please?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Jim

ok done via ‘account issue’ form.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This looks like a bug in Firefox.

For now you can use Chrome until I can get a fix out.

Thanks for reporting!

Jim

Thanks Tom,
    Just so you’re aware. Safari is seeing the same issue as Firefox and Although Internet Explorer looks OK, the Revisions don’t role back?

Andy

Thanks for taking a look, Tom – I didn’t think to test on Chrome too… that works fine for me on there.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Found the issue. Going to wait a day before releasing 1.5.4 in case any other 4.9 related bugs pop up.

For now, open this file:

wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/sections/functions/metaboxes/js/generate-sections-metabox.js

Find:

tinyMCEPreInit.qtInit["generate-sections-editor"] = this.qt_settings;

And replace it with:

tinyMCEPreInit.qtInit["generate-sections-editor"] = this.qt_settings;
    tinyMCEPreInit.mceInit["generate-sections-editor"].wp_keep_scroll_position = false;

Would really appreciate it if any of you can do the above just to confirm the fix.

Thanks!

Andy

Fix works on Firefox and Safari here. Awesome.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, thanks for confirming! 🙂

Jim

Hi Tom,
    I can confirm the Visual & Text tabs now work. However, Revisions rollback don’t work when using Sections? Works OK if you’re not using Sections – Tested on today’s new Firefox.

I’ll open a new ticket.

Jim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.