[Resolved] 3 column blog setting – first post featured

Home Forums Support [Resolved] 3 column blog setting – first post featured

Home Forums Support 3 column blog setting – first post featured

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Herb

I want the first page to use the resent posts settings, with 3 columns displayed, and the most current post featured. I’ve got the settings how I THINK they should be, but the featured current post only extends over the first two columns. I would like to make it extend over all three:

https://www.midnight-writer.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/3-columns.jpg

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Site URL you have provided links me to a different site, can you confirm?

Herb

My apologies. The snapshot I provided is on development site. I haven’t made it “go live” yet. The URL for the site is correct (www.midnight-writer.com), but I haven’t enabled to the Generate Press theme yet, because I want to have it all set up before I do so.

If it must be enabled for you to give me information on how to make the columns span all three rows, I can finish the rest of the setup, then reopen the issue.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No worries. Try adding this CSS:

.featured-column {
        width: 100%;
    }
    Herb

I went ahead and changed the theme before checking back, but that did exactly what I was looking for. If you’d like to see the results, please feel free to go to http://www.midnight-writer.com

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Richard

Hi Leo, I’m trying to do something similar (three basic columns on home page) but would like the posts in the three columns to be independent of one another. Is that covered in the documentation or do you have suggestions? (I am doing this on a beta site, rsmpr.com, which doesn’t have any content. Just loaded the Split site, but would be just has happy to start with another minimal site if you suggest another.) Thanks. Richard

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

but would like the posts in the three columns to be independent of one another

Not sure if I understand this part.

Can you open a new topic and link me to the page in question?

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.