[Resolved] 3.0.0 alpha 1 Install Notification

Home Forums Support [Resolved] 3.0.0 alpha 1 Install Notification

Home Forums Support 3.0.0 alpha 1 Install Notification

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Ian

I have tried several ways to delete 3.0.0 and child theme and then reinstall but cannot make it work. Is there a way to force this to show without killing the entire site?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

To show the default look of 3.0?

Then no – it needs to be a fresh install on a 3.0 environment.

It won’t work on an existing install.

Let me know if I’m missing something here πŸ™‚

Ian

This is a new site so I can kill it and start again. Was hoping there was shortcut to force the new layout lol. Sounds like I need to kill it and start again. Thx!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yup I just use WP Reset plugin.

Ian

Too late! Will bookmark that plugin. Spun up a new instance already lol

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good πŸ™‚

Mirko

The need of a fresh install (to see the new 3.0 design) only applies to the beta version, or will this be the case even when the new theme version will be officially released within WP updates?

Just curious how to update to the new design on a large site without a fresh install.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the new design will only apply to a fresh install with GP 3.0 ( alpha, beta, RC or final ) – as we want to ensure users that current sites remain as they were.

Also the main changes have been around the new inline Mobile navigation for the Free theme – which is something a GPP user already have access to.

The rest of the changes are primarily – an increased Container width of 1200px, reduced padding, default color scheme, inline navigation as mentioned above, font sizes.

All of which we can provide the settings for if you wish.

Ian

Hey David,

Can you share some info about how to set the mobile menu to be inline for GPP? If there is a KB for all other items, that would be great as well. Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

simplest way is to enable the Mobile Header:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/mobile-header/

This will always display the same layout regardless of what Header / Navigation layout you’re using.

You’ll find the other documents in the link i provided above.

Ian

Thanks Tom. I see that Block Type = Site Header dies indeed get rid of that extra spacing. Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Just to clarify, there’s no need to have a fresh WP install to take advantage of the new default look.

You can simply reset the Customizer settings in “Appearance > GeneratePress”.

Alternatively, as David mentioned above, it’s only a handful of settings that need to be tweaked in the Customizer to achieve it πŸ™‚

Ian

Oooohhh, does that just reset GP customizer settings to the default? Never knew about this function. It is actually very helpful if it does what I think it does! Thx!

I see it. And is Core = GP Core?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Exactly, it simply resets the Customizer settings for GeneratePress and the active GP Premium modules πŸ™‚

Ian

I see it. And is Core = GP Core?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.