[Support request] 100% Width Container

Home Forums Support 100% Width Container

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dom

Why is it not possible to set the page container to 100% width ?

The suggestion below seems counter intuitive!

Container Width

You can adjust the width of your overall site container inside Appearance > Customize > Layout > Container.

You can use the slider to adjust the width in pixels, or directly input your number into the field.

You can set it to a percentage using CSS, however I typically recommend choosing a really high pixel value like 2000 if you’re looking for a 100% width website. Since GeneratePress is responsive, it will be 100% wide on most screens at that width.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

We can use this CSS:

body .grid-container {
        max-width: 100%;
    }

Adding CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

But keep in mind that this method is not common as the site would look pretty weird is someone is using a 60″ TV to view your site.

Dom

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your quick reply and solution.

I don’t see how it would look any more weird on a 60″ tv than on my 27″ monitor, 4k is 4k regardless and a fixed pixel value on a 60″ screen is going to seem a lot larger no matter what you set it to because the pixel pitch is higher.

My intention is to use a pagebuilder (wpbakery/visual composer) and specify containers with percentage borders and margins. I’m not sure how they two will interact to it seemed logical to set the base theme to 100% width and then adjust everything else on top.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

If you’re going to use a pagebuilder to create all of the page content then use the Page Builder Container meta box:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-builder-container/

The layout element mentioned in the article will allow you to set it across the site using Display Rules.

You can set the page to full width which will also strip the theme padding.
    You can then set your container widths and padding in the pagebuilder.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.