[Resolved] YouTube videos on mobile

Home Forums Support [Resolved] YouTube videos on mobile

Home Forums Support YouTube videos on mobile

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan

I’ve read all the posts I can find on this and started using the combination of CSS and wrapping videos in an HTML element:

Your video embed code

It works, EXCEPT if I go back to the visual tab to edit the page, it quits working. The line of code goes to one line, and if I go back to text and divide it, it begins working again. I’m not a coder and will go crazy working in text.

Any ideas? Thank you.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Have you tried the YouTube embeds block in Gutenberg/WordPress?

It should work a lot better by default 🙂

Jonathan

I read that, and I know I should be using Gutenberg, but every time I try it drives me absolutely nuts. If I could use it on a single page, maybe, but to do it site wide would slow me down tremendously. It also bugs me they would build in capability like that and not make it available for retro folks like me.

Oh well, if that’s what’s required I will try. I guess I’ll have to make that transition eventually. Thanks for the response!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Gutenberg can definitely take some time to get used to but it is the future and we highly recommend the transition.

Our upcoming GenerateBlocks plugin should make things easier as well:
    https://generateblocks.com/

It’s currently in Beta testing but we are moving along nicely and getting ready for the official release soon:
    https://generateblocks.com/install/

Jonathan

That looks very promising! And if I have to transition to Gutenberg, I believe I would prefer one transition just to this. You can tell I’m no techie—should I go ahead and use the Beta?

Nearly all the sites I build are turned over to clients to maintain, so I’ve used WordPress builders only sparingly. But this looks simpler in the Generate fashion. Looking forward to it!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

We really think the using the beta will be fine but really can’t guarantee – you might need some tweaks once the official version is related but we are working on it 🙂

Jonathan

Thanks. Will give it a go!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.