[Support request] Yoast SEO makes my site a LOT slower

Home Forums Support [Support request] Yoast SEO makes my site a LOT slower

Home Forums Support Yoast SEO makes my site a LOT slower

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Hey all

I just installed Yoast seo and it made my siteload go from .4 seconds in pingdom test to 1.2 seconds – which is quite the difference. It seems fbevents.js and another FB link is to blame. Anyone know why Yoast takes such a huge toll on speed? ๐Ÿ™

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yoast is definitely becoming more and more bloated. I have it installed on this site and have been researching alternatives.

This plugin looks interesting: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/add-meta-tags/

Michael

But, they have this in their description:

NOTICE: THIS PLUGIN HAS BEEN DEPRECATED. IT IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED. IT IS NO LONGER TESTED WITH NEW WORDPRESS RELEASES. USING IT IN PRODUCTION IS NOT RECOMMENDED.

IT IS STRONGLY SUGGESTED TO MIGRATE TO OTHER MORE MODERN AND BETTER MAINTAINED PLUGINS.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s a shame, it was a good plugin.

The next most popular is this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/

Anders

Use this plugin instead of Yoast The SEO Framework

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Looks very interesting – thanks for sharing! ๐Ÿ™‚

Isaac

Yeah stay away from Yoast.

Just installed it and my site slowed down to a near full on halt in my backend.

Deleted it completely and back to normal straight away.

Going to try “the Seo Framework” mentioned above unless anyone has any better suggestions….

Mark

Interesting. I am researching alternatives to Yoast. So far it is down to The SEO Framework and Rank Math.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.