[Resolved] Yoast link functionality doesn’t work for links inside GP elements

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Yoast link functionality doesn’t work for links inside GP elements

Home Forums Support Yoast link functionality doesn’t work for links inside GP elements

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    George

Yoast has a functionality where you can select a link and assign nofollow and sponsored link attributes.

View post on imgur.com

The functionality is not there for links that exist on GP elements, though. Is there a solution for this? I have also raised a GitHub issue.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hey George,

I’m sure Tom and Jean will take a look at the Github issue and respond there.

Thanks for mentioning it!

George

Can you recreate it on your end, Leo?

George

No response at the GitHub issue, can we treat that as a support request, I don’t see getting a response anytime soon, Leo. It would help if you could recreate it at your end and comment on the issue.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi George,

see my reply to the Git here:

https://github.com/tomusborne/gp-premium/issues/374#issuecomment-1305424330

To cover, GP doesn’t stop those options from being displayed, Yoast simply doesn’t load on post types that are not public.

George

Thanks David, why does GP have public set to off? What would happen if public was set to true?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The default $public value for all CPTs is false.
    You only make a CPT public if it’s required.
    Its quite a special arg in that it declares its not for public use and its value is inherited by many other args eg.

Show in the main admin.
    Show in the Menu builder
    Is publicly queryable
    Is included in Search results
    Probably some other stuff too..

All of which we Elements does not require.

George

Ok, thanks, David, I will find another solution.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Be nice if WP added this to core links, its such an oversight by them.

I hope you find a good solution.

George

Yeah, true. Two ways to go about it:
    1. Make use of a reusable block inside the element.
    2. Filter the headline block with a class and add classes accordingly, like:

add_filter( 'render_block', function( $block_content, $block ) {
        if ( !is_admin() && ('generateblocks/headline' === $block['blockName'] || 'core/paragraph' === $block['blockName']) && ! empty( $block['attrs']['className'] ) && 'add-nofollow' === $block['attrs']['className'] ) {
            $block_content = str_replace( '<a ', '<a rel="nofollow" ', $block_content );
        }

return $block_content;
    }, 10, 2 );

if ( !is_admin() && ('generateblocks/headline' === $block['blockName'] || 'core/paragraph' === $block['blockName']) && ! empty( $block['attrs']['className'] ) && 'add-sponsored' === $block['attrs']['className'] ) {
            $block_content = str_replace( '<a ', '<a rel="sponsored" ', $block_content );
        }

return $block_content;
    }, 10, 2 );

if ( !is_admin() && ('generateblocks/headline' === $block['blockName'] || 'core/paragraph' === $block['blockName']) && ! empty( $block['attrs']['className'] ) && 'add-nofollow add-sponsored' === $block['attrs']['className'] ) {
            $block_content = str_replace( '<a ', '<a rel="nofollow sponsored" ', $block_content );
        }

return $block_content;
    }, 10, 2 ); 
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Good to see that George. Thanks for sharing!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.