[Resolved] Wrong default setting for div.inside-footer-widgets margin?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Wrong default setting for div.inside-footer-widgets margin?

Home Forums Support Wrong default setting for div.inside-footer-widgets margin?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    akopacsi

I just made a website with a default width of 1200px.

Everything looked fine, but I inspected the layout with Chrome dev tool I noticed the footer was a bit off.
    To be exact the div.inside-footer-widgets margin was set to these values: 0 0 0 -40
    I can’t find the the -40 value in the customization panel.

I think I could add a custom css property to correct it, but I decided to ask you why it may be set like this.
    Here are two screen shots.

Everything is set to 1200px width, including the header, copyright bar, etc.
    https://www.salgotv.net/apps/gp/1.jpg

Only the footer appears in 1240px, here are the margin settings:
    https://www.salgotv.net/apps/gp/2.jpg

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the footer layout is not ideal but was built before decent CSS grid properties were standard across browsers. The -40px is to offset for the container padding and is necessary for the layout. If you add a background color to the footer widgets you will see it extends to the same width as the footer bar.

What exactly are you trying to do with the styling?

akopacsi

Thank you, David! I’m not planing to do anything special with the footer and I noticed it works as it should. I tried to add a background color and it was displayed correctly. I just wanted to report this to you. If you already knew about this and it was not accidentally set to a wrong value, it’s fine. Thank you very much for the quick reply!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome glad to be of help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.