[Support request] WPSP images not showing in order that they’re set to

Home Forums Support [Support request] WPSP images not showing in order that they’re set to

Home Forums Support WPSP images not showing in order that they’re set to

• This topic has 12 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by David.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Devin

I know I should be asking this over in the WPSP support forum, but it doesn’t look like anyone has been active over there for weeks. Anyway, I have my WP posts sorted by ID, but they’re not showing up in the order placed.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Devin,

Can you kindly provide the link to the topic you started in the forums? I’ll try to answer there.

We’ll also check if there’s an issue with our ticketing regarding your account since we aren’t getting notified.

Hope to hear from you soon. 🙂

Devin

I didn’t open a ticket yet, I just noticed that there were issues from weeks back that hadn’t been answered yet. Should I still open a ticket over there?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Devin

Is this how it should look? – https://i2.paste.pics/51bb423338edf522b7462b305b71531e.png

I’ve added and updated it with the menu_order option but it’s not reflecting in my WPSP settings.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

It should look like this:

[wp_show_posts id="1662" settings="orderby=menu_order"]

Devin

Okay, it’s set. It’s showing like this in my WPSP settings though: https://i2.paste.pics/2d6de82b0e06284b4d93d0d0d4324cd9.png

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats correct – in your WPSP List settings you see the basic: [wp_show_posts id="1662"] that will never change.

Question is – did you get the result you were looking for on the front end ? ie. the Posts in the order you set ?

Devin

Oh, okay. I thought the changes would reflect in the shortcode. I have not seen any changes. I tried switching two of the ID’s around to confirm but the posts stayed in the same position.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmmm…

can you share a screenshot of the more settings where you added the IDs – just want to see if theres any conflict with the shortcode settings.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

EDIT: Ooops my bad. Try this shortcode instead:

[wp_show_posts id="1662" settings="orderby=post__in"]

If that doesn’t work try adding the IDS in the shortcode too

eg.

[wp_show_posts id="1662" settings="post_id=3904,4403,4002&orderby=post__in"]

Devin

Ha, no problem. The first shortcode did the trick though. Always a big help David, thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help… 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.