[Support request] WPML – report & recommendation

Home Forums Support [Support request] WPML – report & recommendation

Home Forums Support WPML – report & recommendation

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Peter

Just bought the relatively costly WPML plugin, because it was mentioned in this forum, that it is 100% compatible with GP. Also WPML confirms on its website, that GP is 100% compatible.

GP is ALMOST a 100% WPML-compatible and working very well.Even pages done with sections can be easily duplicated and translated. I like that a lot and it wouldn’t be possible with Elementor. Just another proof that it is very wise to stay inside the frame, that WP provides
    Also the new page header part worked nicely.

Right now there is only one issue that I faced: It is the content in the customizer > copyright part. It can’t be translated. Plus I had there an internal link, that didn’t work because of the language selector.
    Is there a possibility to solve that?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The copyright should be compatible with WPML. Are you using GPP 1.4 rc.2?

Peter

yep. had there a an anchor link with # and class – worked only on the original site, but not on the translated ones because WPML added the ?lang=de to the #.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The file that makes it translatable was provided by WPML themselves.

Are the mobile menu labels translatable (Customize > Layout > Primary Navigation)?

Peter

Unfortunately I don’t have a menu on this site – it is a one page solution.
    The menus in appearance can be translated, but there is nothing to translate in the customize > layout > Primary Navigation. I don’t see at all what is there to translate.

Here’s the example with the link in the copyright part:
    http://nun.graphics -> the flyout link at the bottom works.
    http://nun.graphics/?lang=de – > the link cannot work, because it adds the language selector before the hashtag. Additionally this flyout is also translated and has another class id than the english flyout.

What is needed on the backend is a language selector on any content that is added in the customize part.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm interesting.

You might need to scrap the GP copyright option, and add your copyright into the footer hook. That way you can add two different copyrights – one for each language.

You should be able to use this method: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/change-logo-for-each-language-with-polylang/#post-323623

Peter

Yep, this method works perfectly.
    This is just another proof of GP’s flexibility. Together with your prompt and excellent support one can get issues like that done. GP continues to impress 🙂

One thing I found out: The color settings for the footer do not include the footer hooks. Is this so by purpose?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome!

Which specific color settings?

Peter

The color settings in customize>colors>footer.

The hook “after footer content” only accept colors from customize>colors>body.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.