[Resolved] wp_image_processing_queue_batch records in wp_options table

Home Forums Support [Resolved] wp_image_processing_queue_batch records in wp_options table

Home Forums Support wp_image_processing_queue_batch records in wp_options table

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Dan

This duplicates what I posted here here, but I was afraid that issue might be overlooked as it is marked ‘Resolved’. And this also gives me an opportunity to share the URL.

Here’s the issue:

I just noticed something similar, with 135,000+ ‘wp_image_processing_queue_batch…’ entries in my wp_options table. I asked my host, citing this GP support thread/reply.

They responded to me, linking to this thread. Has this issue been addressed in a GP release subsequent to this thread?

I first began using GP back in October 2019. Am currently up-to-date with GP 2.4.1 + GP Premium 1.9.1.

I can delete the wp_options records, but am seeking to address the root cause. Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dan

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

This kind of thing is an anomaly, but it bothers me that it can happen (I think I’ve seen it 2 or 3 times).

I have a plan to completely re-write the way image resizing is handled in GPP. I’ll do my best to get it done in GPP 1.10 🙂

Dan

Thanks, Tom. If you need any more information, let me know.

Dan

I’m passing along the last exchange I had with my host. They said: “We also checked the GP Premium plugin and found that it does the background processing and has those keys reference but it’s not quite clear how they do the cleanup or deleting the entries after.”

I deleted the 135,000+ wp_options table entries, but they unfortunately continue to regenerate.

Thanks,
    Dan

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The cleanup should happen automatically. In some cases, it seems like it gets stuck and doesn’t. That’s why we’ll be replacing the resizer completely 🙂

Michael

Is it safe now to remove all these entries from the options table Tom?

Michael

I just read the previous posts again, looks like it is safe to delete them. I too have a huge amount of these. Anything we can do to stop them being generated again in the meantime?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yes, you can delete them.

Simply leaving your image sizing options in Customize > Layout > Blog will prevent them from happening.

Michael

Ok,

Thanks for the info.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem!

Fabiana

I just had the same problem. I had to delete more than 600.000 lines from the database. Looking forward to some fix. Thanks!

Benjamin

Same issue. Can someone provide the SQL to delete these? Literally have hundreds of thousands of entries!

Benjamin

Hi Dan, how did you delete them? I’m guessing not manually. SQL statement? Would you be willing to share?

Dan

No guarantees that this will work. So, use at your own risk. If you aren’t familiar with SQL, you might also use a plugin like WP Data Access to query your database and delete records. Back up your database before you do any of this.

First, determine how many offending records are in your database using something like:

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM wp_options WHERE option_name LIKE ‘%wp_image_processing%’

To delete the offending records, I think I used something like below. I seem to remember having trouble deleting using wp_image_processing_queue_batch, so I think I used the more general wp_image_processing as above.

DELETE FROM wp_options WHERE option_name LIKE '%wp_image_processing_queue_batch%’

Hope it helps.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.