[Resolved] WP Youtube Lyte Markup Problem with GeneratePress

Home Forums Support [Resolved] WP Youtube Lyte Markup Problem with GeneratePress

Home Forums Support WP Youtube Lyte Markup Problem with GeneratePress

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Benedikt

Hello,

first off i wanna say great theme, fast as hell, pretty, i’m very happy πŸ™‚
    And my coding/html knowledge is pretty limited, sorry for that.

I have one problem though: i am using the plugin WP Youtube Lyte to prevent google from loading heavy js files from embeded youtube videos (also some GDPR issues). This plugin comes with video markup. But with GeneratePress active, the markup wont work. Google Markup tool doesnt find a Video Object, and search console is giving me video errors.
    e.g.: field “thumbnailURL” is missing (allthough it’s in the code)

First i tried to deactivate one plugin at the time, but it seems to be caused by GeneratePress. Once i deactivate it, video markup works fine (in test tool).

Is there any way to fix this? I really do belive in the seo power of videos and need google to “read” them properly, but the speed impact of youtube lyte is crucial.

Thanks in advance for your help, i did find a lot of usefull information so far in this forum. You guys are very kind!

cheers,
    ben

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Hmm can’t see how GP Premium would cause this problem.

Can you deactivate each module in GP Premium and let me know which module is causing the issue?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/installing-gp-premium/#activate-your-modules

Suraj Katwal

I was having the same issue Just deactivate the WP YouTube Lyte Plugin and Install a free Lazy Load by WP Rocket plugin.

Benedikt

Thanks for the reply!

I tried deactivating each module, and did a test after each. Still broken markup. It is not until i change the theme to some other than GeneratePress, that google markup test shows me the video object.

@Suraj
    : thanks for the tipp! I did try WP Rocket Plugin, but Youtube Lyte gives me better results in terms of sitespeed (i use it for image lazy load though, great results there). And i like the idea of the video markup. So i hope we can find a solution.

What i tried today: i copied the whole code of the example page, and removed the all code to (inlcuded) this part: itemscope itemtype=”https://schema.org/CreativeWork”> As soon as this part of the code is removed, google markup test shows the video object. I think the creativework markup is added by GeneratePress (when i deactivate the theme there’s no creativework in the code), maybe this helps to narrow down the problem. Sidenote: when the code is removed in the testtool, suddenly “hcard” and “Person” markup shows up, beside videoobject.

cheers,
    ben

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Let’s try removing the markup:

add_filter( 'generate_schema_type', '__return_false' );

Does that fix the issue?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Benedikt

Hey Tom,

thanks for the reply! The provided code snipped works πŸ˜€

Do you have any idea what’s the conflict here? I would really love to see this awesome theme working with this awesome plugin. Since i do think, that the markup provided by the theme makes sense too.

Anyway thanks so far for the kind support!

cheers,
    Ben

Benedikt

I just went through the conversation i had with the developer of youtube lyte, and he suggested the following:

I *think* (but I should check the specs) that “video” has to be a child element of an “article” (well, that’s what I see on blog.futtta.be) and that does not seem to be the case on your site?

Maybe this helps. Sorry, i totally forgott about that detail ^^

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can switch the microdata to “article” but that requires additional markup in your post, which can be a pain.

It’s ok to disable the theme schema like we did above, but you might want to look into a plugin that has JSON-LD (Yoast has it built-in, now).

Benedikt

Thanks for the support, i’ll give it a try!

cheers

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.