[Resolved] WP Toolbar/BuddyPress

Home Forums Support [Resolved] WP Toolbar/BuddyPress

Home Forums Support WP Toolbar/BuddyPress

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jay9

Hello:

I am trying to figure out how to get the toolbar to show above the header that gives the option to login or register when logged out, and when logged in provides links in a drop down menu on the right to areas of BuddyPress (such as Activity, Profile, Notifications, etc.). When I was testing the free version of GeneratePress BuddyPress on my localhost the toolbar was present when logged out, but I noticed on my live website that it is missing when logged out using the GP Premium. I do have the option under BuddyPress settings to show the toolbar to users who are logged out checked, so that is not the problem.

Thank you.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Sorry I don’t quite understand the problem.

So everything is normal again when you de-activate GP Premium?

If so can you leave it disabled so I can see what’s going on?

Thanks!

Jay9

Hi Leo:

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I hadn’t noticed the issue until after I activated GP Premium and disabling GP Premium did not solve the problem. Switching themes didn’t work either. Twenty Seventeen didn’t even show the toolbar anymore.

After posting my support request I disabled all plugins except BuddyPress and reactivated them one by one and it is working now. Strange because I am using the same plugins on a localhost/test installation and they didn’t cause issues, but deactivating and reactivating seems to have worked. Hopefully it will stay working lol.

Thank you for your reply and assistance.

Jay9

Quick update…found the culprit, it was WooCommerce. It is disabling the WP toolbar on several themes I’ve tested including the Twenty Seventeen theme. I activated WooCommerce just before activating GP Premium but didn’t notice the problem until after activating your plugin.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you figured out 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.