[Resolved] WP Show Posts Plugin Or Default Archive Page In Generate Press

Home Forums Support [Resolved] WP Show Posts Plugin Or Default Archive Page In Generate Press

Home Forums Support WP Show Posts Plugin Or Default Archive Page In Generate Press

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michelle

I am setting up GeneratePress Premium Theme with Generate Blocks for the first time after using Beaver Builder Theme, and would like to know what is optimal for site speed: setting a blog page in Settings>Reading>Posts Page (not a lot of design options) or using a plugin like WP Show Posts Premium or Beaver Builder Pro Plugin?

Between WP Show Posts Premium and Beaver Builder Pro (or Ultimate Addons for Beaver Builder), which is preferred, speed-wise? I was told by a technician at Kinsta that the size of a plugin isn’t a reliable way to gauge speed. Advice?

Beaver Builder Pro 6.33 MB
    Ultimate Addons For Beaver Builder 3.93 MB
    WP Show Posts 117 KB

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

I am setting up GeneratePress Premium Theme with Generate Blocks for the first time after using Beaver Builder Theme, and would like to know what is optimal for site speed: setting a blog page in Settings>Reading>Posts Page (not a lot of design options) or using a plugin like WP Show Posts Premium or Beaver Builder Pro Plugin?

It depends on what you’re trying to do. Do you need custom post list queries? If not, it’d be nice if we can stick with the theme default is basically WordPress core. No extra DOM element bloats.

Next this best thing would be WP Show Posts which is also one of the plugins Tom develops.

It’s pretty light w/ extra functionalities.

I was told by a technician at Kinsta that the size of a plugin isn’t a reliable way to gauge speed. Advice?

Well, he’s half right about that because some plugins have a line that calls external scripts from outside of your site and this will potentially load more. Other reason can be a badly written plugin.

But in this context, we can vouch for the default settings for obvious reasons and WP Show Posts because we’re sure it’s pretty lightweight.

Michelle

That’s pretty straightforward, thank you.

I don’t need post queries. Can the default WordPress (Settings>Reading>Posts Page) be altered to add more padding between columns? I want more space between the two columns and also more padding between the top navigation and the first Post Title. Minor changes, but I don’t know how to achieve this.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

I don’t need post queries. Can the default WordPress (Settings>Reading>Posts Page) be altered to add more padding between columns? I want more space between the two columns and also more padding between the top navigation and the first Post Title. Minor changes, but I don’t know how to achieve this.

Those can easily be done with custom CSS. 🙂

Feel free to open up a new topic regarding this and post the details you want. The team will provide the necessary CSS to make it happen. 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.