[Resolved] WP Show Posts error with Generatepress

Home Forums Support [Resolved] WP Show Posts error with Generatepress

Home Forums Support WP Show Posts error with Generatepress

• This topic has 18 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by David.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    George

I’m getting thousands of log errors that says

[03-Apr-2022 11:24:20 UTC] WPSP_Resize.process() error: Image must be local: https://example.com/wp-includes/images/media/default.png

It has something to do with WP Show Post interacting with Generatepress

any idea what would cause this error? I’m assuming it might be a featured image issue, but I can’t figure it out. I added a code to have a default featured image (not default.png file), but I’m getting getting tons of this error

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I added a code to have a default featured image

What happens if you remove that code ?

George

I actually just literally added that code to try to get rid of this error, but that didn’t help

George

I guess my question would be does Generatepress forwards default featured image to this default file if there’s no featured image set or if the featured image originally set doesn’t exist anymore?

https://example.com/wp-includes/images/media/default.png

George

and i’m using example.com here, but the error shows my actual domain, just fyi

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Its not GP related. That error means the file the WPSP_Resize.process() is trying to process is not on your server. Are you featured images being served from a different domain or CDN ?

George

it’s definitely on my server, and yes it’s serving from my domain.

can you confirm if GP tries to pull image from https://example.com/wp-includes/images/media/default.png in wordpress if the original featured image is corrupt or deleted?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

As i said its not GP related. And for the record, GP does not interfere with how WP handles featured images. If an image is missing or corrupted, GP does not know about it and does not do anything with it.
    The error is related to WPSP. Can you share a link to the site where i can see WPSP being used ?

George

bottom of the post

is this support topic going to be made public? I would prefer not to have my domain out in the public. thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

It is. I removed the domain. you can use the Private Information field to share details privately.
    Can you confirm what version of WP Show Posts plugin you’re using ?

George

WP Show Posts Version 1.1.3

George

sorry if this is off topic, I just saw WP Show Post merged with GenerateBlocks.

Since WPSP hasn’t been updated for the last 7 months, is there function in GenerateBlocks I can use in place of WP Show Post?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

See Tom’s reply here:

https://wpshowposts.com/support/topic/show-posts-images-not-working/#post-8324

In the first code ie.

add_action( 'after_setup_theme', function() {
        add_image_size( 'your-size-name', 500, 500, true );
    } );

in the add_image_size set the 500 (W) and 500 (H) to match the size you’re using in the WP Show Posts list.

then add the other codes, which will tell WPSP to use that image instead of using the WPSP_Resize.process() function to resize them on the fly.

George

thanks, i’ll give it a shot

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Let us know how you get on.
    I missed your other reply.
    GenerateBlocks will soon have a query block to replace WPSP. We aim to have the Alpha release out next week.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.