[Support request] WP Error: Image Processing Queue

Home Forums Support [Support request] WP Error: Image Processing Queue

Home Forums Support WP Error: Image Processing Queue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David R

Every so often I get an email that WP detected an error. I can’t figure out what’s triggering this, or how to clear the queue. It references a GP Premium Library. I posted this as a reply to another similar post but there was no answer.

There are no other site errors with processing images, and images are appearing.

Error Details
    =============
    An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 71 of the file /home/green/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/library/image-processing-queue/includes/class-ipq-process.php. Error message: Uncaught IPQ_Process_Exception: Unable to get WP_Image_Editor for file "/wp-content/uploads/windsource.png": File doesn’t exist? (is GD or ImageMagick installed?) in /home/green/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/library/image-processing-queue/includes/class-ipq-process.php:71
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/green/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/library/batch-processing/wp-background-process.php(303): IPQ_Process->task(Array)
    #1 /home/green/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/library/batch-processing/wp-background-process.php(449): WP_Background_Process->handle()
    #2 /home/green/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WP_Background_Process->handle_cron_healthcheck()
    #3 /home/green/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
    #4 /home/green/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(531): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
    #5 /home/green/public_html/wp-cron.php(133): do_action_ref_array('wp_image_proces...', Array)
    #6 {main}
      thrown

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

That looks like the image resizer is trying to resize an image which doesn’t exist.

You said this only happens sometimes, which is strange. It means sometimes the image isn’t reachable. Is it always the same image, or does that change?

David R

I’ve seen the image change once, and from what I can tell, that image exists. If you do the domain + relative path of the image, you’ll see it on the web. Shouldn’t that path given above include the /home/…/ or $_SERVER[‘DOCUMENT_ROOT’] path, or is that just how the file path is given in the error?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Good question. I just looked into the function to see how they get the path, but it wasn’t clear, unfortunately.

So has this happened multiple times? If so, is it always the same image, or has it changed?

Is there anything that would mess with the request? Something like Cloudflare, maybe?

David R

I’ve received this error email maybe 6 times since WP 5.2 implemented the error reporting, not more than twice a month. It used to be a solar.png but is now the windsource.png, which it has been the past few times. These are both images that were uploaded for blogs. There is Nginx on the server (but that’s set to OFF in cPanel), no external CDNs, and WP Super Cache plugin.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It could be the caching plugin, but it’s hard to tell.

I’m going to try to introduce a better resizing method in GPP 1.9 for images. I don’t love how it’s done, currently.

I showed an alternative method here, which is similar to what I want to do in the core plugin: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/blog-archives-image-scaling-thumbnail-problem/#post-780773

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.