[Support request] WP Blocks vs Sections vs Classic Editor???

Home Forums Support WP Blocks vs Sections vs Classic Editor???

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Roger

I just started my first site with GP + GPP and trying to wrap my head around a few things & would appreciate some guidance.

In the past with other themes I’ve only used the “Classic Editor” for many yrs, so feel comfortable with it. For this new site I have the Classic Editor 1.5 installed but Deactivated. I’m trying to learn how to use the new WP Blocks.

It seems like the new WP Blocks does not allow a page or post to be created with the Classic Editor, unless I activate the Classic Editor, which seems to indicate that the new WP Blocks is not available. It seems to be ALL Blocks or ALL Classic Editor? Am I missing anything?

It looks like the only way to create a page or post with the Classic Editor when WP Blocks are active is to use GPP Sections? Is that correct?

I would appreciate some feedback & guidance on how to think about these tradeoffs. Any references to articles & training would be appreciated. — Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Block editor replaces the Classic Editor. So without the use of plugins there is no access to the normal Classic editor anymore but yes you could still use Sections which uses a variation of the core classic editor.

With the Classic Editor plugin you have the option to choose whether a new post uses the Block or Classic editor. Once a post is created, in the post list you have the option to Edit Classic or Edit Block.

This article is probably a good starting point for learning guteneberg:

https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-use-the-new-wordpress-block-editor/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.