[Support request] Wordsmith Questions

Home Forums Support [Support request] Wordsmith Questions

Home Forums Support Wordsmith Questions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Sapir

Hi,

I have decided to go on with Wordsmith template site.
    Few questions:

1. Top bar widget area.. Can I add some icons of my own? Like Whatsapp?
    2. How Do I add direct links to a call, or a message, or an Email from it?
    3. Home page – Where the last posts are showed. It’s kind of messy because of the pictures sizes. How do I give the page nice and sleek design?
    -Problem is almost the same at the posts page, where the pictures are making the page messy. Can I arrange that too?

Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. and 2. The Lightweight Social Icons doesn’t have the option to add more icons such as WhatsApp. You may want to use the Menu Icons plugin instead:

https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/menu-icons/

For the menu link you can use: tel:123 455 678 for calls and mailto:someone@somwehere.com for email.

WhatsApp is more complicated. This article explains how to create the links ( i haven’t tested ):
    https://tribulant.com/blog/marketing-social/how-to-create-a-whatsapp-link-to-start-chat/

3. In the WP Show Posts list settings and in the Customizer > Layout > Blog you have the option to enable Masonry this will organise your posts more effectively where they are all different sizes.

Sapir

Hi David,

Thnaks for your kind answered that worked as well (except of the Masonry).

another 3 questions:

1. The picture on header has a text written on it. when the text become a little bit longer than the mobile screen, it breaks the theme design. What should I do?
    2. When scrolling the site on mobile, I can see the last post widget before the “about me”. How can I change the orfer of info on mobile?
    3. “Want to stay in touch” section – I have changed it at Home page to Facebook/Whatsapp links.
    But when I’m looking at the blog page, it still there, and my links aren’t. Why is that?

Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. Is there a screenshot you can share? Everything looks great on my end.

2. Are you wanting your sidebar content to display before the content? If so, try this:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
        .site-content {
            display: flex;
            flex-direction: column;
        }

#left-sidebar {
            order: -1;
        }
    }

3. It looks like the blog is showing the right sidebar, which has different widgets. If you want it to have the same widgets, you need to copy the widgets over into the right sidebar. Alternatively, you can set the Blog to have a left sidebar as well in Customize > Layout > Sidebars.

Sapir

1. Fixed
    2. Not before the whole content, and not the whole left side bar.
    Ill explain. I want to take only the window with my picture from the left side bar, and insert it right after the simple text. When I’m watching the site in mobile mode (or my phone), theres the header picture, then big title, then simple text paragraph, and then the last posts area (with a small title I gave it). I want to insert it between the simple text and the title I gave to the last posts area (and only the box with my picture, not the links to Facebook and Whatsapp). Possible?
    3. Fixed

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

To do that, you would need to insert a new element in that area, and hide it on desktop with CSS.

For example:

<div class="hide-on-desktop hide-on-tablet about-me-section">
        Your about me text/image
    </div>

That will hide on desktop/tablet, but will display on mobile.

Then you can disable the widget on mobile:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
        #black-studio-tinymce-7 {
            display: none;
        }
    }
    Sapir

I’ll check out what you mentioned.
    But have few other questions.

1. When I insert a text-picture block, The image is attached to the text. How can I make spaces between them?
    2. How can I make a line open in a new page and not the same one?
    3. My Contact page isn’t working on mobile. I can see it on costumization mobile preview but not on a real smartphone (working at desktop as well). It’s the page that calls “צור קשר”
    4. Does WordPress have some other expansion widgets except the base ones (not external)? There are few..
    5. Can I make the blog page tidy? Posts aren’t even at their rows because of the pictures. Same for the theme blog widget at home page. (and I have deleted and downloaded all pictures at the same pixels numbers).
    -This is with Mansory grid checked.

Thanks friends.

*By the way – This is a really nice Theme. You can see that I kept the colors 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Let’s work through one thing at a time 🙂

1. Can you link me to the page where you’ve added this? Should be able to tweak it with some CSS.

Sapir
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So what I would do there is:

1. Give your columns container a class in the “Advanced” area. Something like social-icons

2. Add this CSS:

.social-icons img {
        margin-left: 10px;
    }
    Sapir

I’m sorry I lost you.
    I checked what you were telling me, and I saw that I can add columns with a site builder addon like origin.
    I just haven’t saw any option to use the column on my page. only if I create a new page there is an option.
    If I have to create a page, how will I copy the info on the old one? just ctrl c+ctrl v?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The contact page is using the Gutenberg block editor.
    The Map and the list of contact details are in a Columns Block containing 2 columns.
    If you select the Columns block – in the right hand setting sidebar under the Advanced panel you can enter a CSS class.

Sapir

nice work.
    It was written section, so I used section name+css code.

Can we procceed to the my other problems as written at the post?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

How can I make a line open in a new page and not the same one?

Do you mean opening a link in a new tab? If so, there should be an “Open in New Tab” option that looks like this: https://www.screencast.com/t/VuSKW0KxAct

Let me know 🙂

Sapir

Thank you, worked.

My other problems:

3. My Contact page isn’t working on mobile. I can see it on costumization mobile preview but not on a real smartphone (working at desktop as well). It’s the page that calls “צור קשר”
    4. Does WordPress have some other expansion widgets except the base ones (not external)? There are few..
    5. Can I make the blog page tidy? Posts aren’t even at their rows because of the pictures. Same for the theme blog widget at home page. (and I have deleted and downloaded all pictures at the same pixels numbers).

Il’l appriciate if you can answer all of them at once.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.