[Resolved] Wordsmith Menu question

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Wordsmith Menu question

Home Forums Support Wordsmith Menu question

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Coen

My wife has her own little website and decided that she wanted a cleaner look of it. And I have been using GeneratePress Premium for quiet some time.

So I am messing with a staging site and imported the Wordsmith site onto it.

It’s is the first time I am using blocks (Normally I’m using Elementor) and it feels good. I will mess with it some more. But for now I’m quite happy and I have the feeling that she will be able to transform the rest of the content into what she feels good about.

The only thing I see that I don’t like in this case, is the secondary menu under blogs.

Can you point me in the right direction where I can solve the strange offset?

MEANWHILE:

I had contact with Mike Oliver, to ask the same question via mail.

His response was:

In the custom css try removing this…

/* center align text in menus */
    .main-navigation .main-nav ul li a, .menu-toggle, .main-navigation .mobile-bar-items a {
    text-align: center;
    }

There is a new version of Wordsmith coming out that is built with GenerateBlocks, you may want to try it out. I’m not 100% sure when it is getting added to the library but it will be soon. A lot of that custom css is no longer needed since Elements came out and using GenerateBlocks.

Which I tried with no avail.

Now I can email back and forth with him, but I believe in the power of many and hope to help others as well, that’s why I turn to you gurus here.

Can you help me out?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you disable your Cache – as it looks like that is messing with the CSS. Let me know

Coen

Swift Performance -> Caching off = no change?

I disabled the Swift Performance plugin now, still no change…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Odd the menu item padding shouldn’t be affecting them the way they are.

Try adding this CSS:

.main-navigation .main-nav ul ul li a {
        padding: 20px 10px;
    }

and removing the CSS for centering the text.

Coen

Heya David,

Yes, that looks a lot better.

Is there, any way I can move over the little arrows a litte to the right?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You can adjust the padding with this CSS:

.menu-item-has-children .dropdown-menu-toggle {
        padding-right: 50px;
    }
    Coen

Just the perfect answer! Now I can toggle with it the way I like.

It is a hit and miss the way I sometimes look for those classes. Finding it very difficult to find the right names. Even if things have changed over the years for the better, with the inspect options in a lot of browsers. But the times I need it, are very rare and then I forget how it was again.

Thank you very much for being there for all of us and pointing us in the right direction at times in need.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! I’m glad I could help 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.