[Support request] WordPress message 'Your Site is Experiencing a Technical Issue'

Home Forums Support [Support request] WordPress message 'Your Site is Experiencing a Technical Issue'

Home Forums Support WordPress message 'Your Site is Experiencing a Technical Issue'

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    hans_grif

Hi there,
    WP send me a error warning about a technical problem. If i understand it correctly these are php errors. Are they caused by the php version of my provider (PHP version 7.2.24)? Or did i made a mistake in the setup of the website or/and woocommerce?

Foutdetails
    ===========
    Een fout van het type E_ERROR werd veroorzaakt op regelnummer 264 van het bestand /home/grifontwerpdev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/woocommerce/functions/functions.php. Foutmelding: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function is_woocommerce() in /home/grifontwerpdev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/woocommerce/functions/functions.php:264
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/grifontwerpdev/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): generatepress_wc_sidebar_layout(‘no-sidebar’)
    #1 /home/grifontwerpdev/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(206): WP_Hook->apply_filters(‘no-sidebar’, Array)
    #2 /home/grifontwerpdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/generatepress/inc/theme-functions.php(62): apply_filters(‘generate_sideba…’, ‘no-sidebar’)
    #3 /home/grifontwerpdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/generatepress/inc/css-output.php(509): generate_get_layout()
    #4 /home/grifontwerpdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/generatepress/inc/css-output.php(736): generate_spacing_css()
    #5 /home/grifontwerpdev/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): generate_set_dynamic_css_cache(”)
    #6 /home/grifontwerpdev/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(312): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
    #7 /home/grifontwerpdev/p

thanks,

WordPress 5.3.2 / GeneratePress 2.4.1 / GP Premium 1.9.1 / PHP 7.2.24

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you try debugging by:
    1. disabling all other plugins,
    2. remove child theme and any custom functions

Let us know

hans_grif

Hi David,

Seems a bit drastic ๐Ÿ™‚ The way I understand it, and correct my if I am wrong, is that the error is caused by GP Premium. The error occurred after installing the WooCommerce plugin. GP Premium seems to want to take advantage of a feature in WooCommerce, which is not available. But I don’t understand what function.

Maybe I have something wrong / or not installed in WooCommerce? But what? Can you see what it is from the error?

Or maybe I did set up something wrong in GP on my website? But what? Can you see what it is from the error?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Maybe a bit drastic ๐Ÿ™‚ but still the easiest method to check for conflicts as we don’t have any known errors relating to this.

What it says to me is that Woocommerce is not installed correctly – or a function is trying to make that call on a non woocommerce page. Is the Woo plugin enabled ?

hans_grif

Hi David,

Thanks. But, maybe a silly question, how can I check if disabling a plugin fixes the problem. I get a warning once a day from WordPress about the problem. Is there a way to immediately see if the problem has been fixed?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That error is saying the is_woocommerce() function doesn’t exist, which is 100% does as long as WooCommerce is activated. What’s strange is that our WooCommerce module doesn’t actually load any code unless WooCommerce is activated.

Are you using any caching plugins/server caching? That would perhaps explain why it’s only happening sometimes – maybe it’s preventing WooCommerce from loading properly?

hans_grif

Can Auptimize be the cause of this?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No, I don’t believe so. It would need to be a more aggressive caching system to do something like this. It’s just a guess on my part that it’s cache related.

Do you have any caching plugins/server caching on the site?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.