[Resolved] WordPress Home Site

Home Forums Support [Resolved] WordPress Home Site

Home Forums Support WordPress Home Site

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dirk

Dear Support Team,

I am building a website with on WP base with Generate Press Pro + Child Theme and Elementor Pro.
    I want to do most of the design by using Elementor therefore I changed the homepage to a static one by using Settings>Reading…
    I am unsure what happened to the original page, does this float around somewhere in the background. Could it be accessed by a user?
    How can I directly configure that original homepage so that I needn’t worry if it can be seen or not?

Looking forward to you help

Dirk Winter

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not sure if I understand.

If you assign a static page as the home page, then the original (Posts page) won’t be accessible.

If you want a Posts page still, simply create a new page and assign it to Posts:
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Settings_Reading_Screen

Dirk

Thank You Leo,

So I needn’t worry because that original page doesn’t get created when I assign a static page.
    I noticed that the 404 Page also still followed that blog like pattern but I solved this thanks to your support blog via plugin.

Are there any other automatically generated pages (generated by wordpress) I need to consider changing?

Regards

Dirk

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

All the posts/archive pages are automatically generated but those don’t need be changed ๐Ÿ™‚

Dirk

Hi Leo,

Thank you very much.
    Will those posts/archive pages show up when someone does a sitemap search with a tool?

Regards

Dirk

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm I’m not 100% sure.

GP itself wouldn’t decide on this thought. It’s all handled by WordPress itself.

Dirk

Dear Leo,

thank you very much.
    Your support helped me a lot and I am happy to have chosen GP.

Best Regards,

Dirk

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.