[Support request] WordPress error with Code Snippets

Home Forums Support [Support request] WordPress error with Code Snippets

Home Forums Support WordPress error with Code Snippets

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mark

I am using GP on staging5.nimblethimble.com

I don’t think this is generate press problem, but I hoping you may be able to help.

Earlier today I added a code snippet (using the plugin code snippets which has worked perfectly well before) that adds text colors to the plugin (for Modern Tribe’s Event calendar) called “Category colors.” When I added this, I got a fatal WordPress Error “The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.” and I couldn’t even delete the Code Snippets plugin. I had to so to my hosting site and use the File Manager to delete it.

Now, at least the site is working again, albeit without the Code Snippets plugin. Can you see any reason why the Code Snippet plugin is causing an error? Even when I completely deleted the plugin (the hosting company’s File Manager) I could not install and activate the unblemished Code Snippet plugin (even without adding any snippets) without throwing that WordPress error.

So I installed a different (adding PHP) plugin instead. I would prefer to use Code Snippets.

Anything you can see that might help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

may be worth raising this with Shea Bunge the Code Snippets author.
    Haven’t experienced any fatal errors that wasn’t related to the code i added.
    If the plugin installing is causing the fatal error then it maybe there is some residual database tables that need cleaning.

Look for some of DB cleanup / garbage collection plugins. As a big note – make sure the DB is backed-up before using any of them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.