[Resolved] WORD PRESS BLOCK EDITOR ICONS NOT VISIBLE

Home Forums Support [Resolved] WORD PRESS BLOCK EDITOR ICONS NOT VISIBLE

Home Forums Support WORD PRESS BLOCK EDITOR ICONS NOT VISIBLE

• This topic has 15 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Lisa.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Lisa

The icons in Word Press Block Editor are not showing.
    (The functions work but the images do not show.)

I checked with SiteGround and they recommended using a web developer.
    I hired a web developer and this is what he identified and recommended contacting GeneratePress for next steps:

I am using Generate Press 3.0.2 and GP Premium 1.12.3

I have another site with same hosting using Generate Press 2.4.2 and GP Premium 1.8.3.
    This site does not have the problem.

The developer staged the site in SiteGround and found that when GP Premium Plug in is removed the problem resolves.

He also advised that the SVG images seemed to be blocked and they are showing up as 0x0 which isn’t right.

The website that is not showing icons in editor is: https://www.SingleIngredientGroceries.com
    The website that is showing the icons is: https://www.PoopProblemsPodcast.com

I appreciate your help in resolving this problem.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Sounds like a strange issue – we haven’t had other reports on this though so let’s go through some debugging steps.

The developer staged the site in SiteGround and found that when GP Premium Plug in is removed the problem resolves.

Can you activate GP Premium, and deactivate all modules, make sure the problem is fixed, then activate the module one by one to identify which module is causing the issue?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/installing-gp-premium/#activate-your-modules

Lisa

I activated GP Premium and deactivated all modules (on my live site). The problem is not resolved.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

But when GP Premium itself is deactivate, the issue is resolved?

If that’s the case, any chance you can create a staging site and duplicate the issue so we can go through some debugging steps?

Lisa

I made a new staged site. With all modules deactivated the problem is resolved. The site looks good and the block editor is working. I looked at live site vs staged site and the live site does not have editor icons. I am not sure what to do next.

Lisa

I deactived GP premium plug in on my live site and the editor function is not displaying correctly.

Lisa

The staged site doesn’t show the same problem. Only the live site.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The staged site doesn’t show the same problem. Only the live site.

So the problem doesn’t exist if when GP Premium is activated in the staging site?

I deactived GP premium plug in on my live site and the editor function is not displaying correctly.

If I interpret this correctly, this tells us that GP is not the issue here – it cannot tell whether it’s the staging site or live site and the code is exactly the same.

Lisa

Yes, based on this I agree.
    In the staging site the problem does not show up – I tried with GP plug in not installed/ installed and deactivated and installed activated.

I do not understand why the icons show on the staged site but not the live site.
    Siteground is the host and they can not say either.

The developer said this:

the SVG images seemed to be blocked and they are showing up as 0x0 which isn’t right.

Do you have any recommendations for what I should do next?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

What SVG images are you referring to here?

Unfortunately I don’t really have a solution for this.

Lisa

I believe the icons on the editor are SVG images.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry I don’t have a recommendation for that.

Can you check with WordPress’ support team and see if they’ve seen similar issues before?

Lisa

Hi Leo, finally SiteGround elevated my help request and solved the problem.
    Thank you for your help with this problem, which is now resolved.

Here is what they advised:

I have carefully reviewed the case and the problem was caused by the HTTPS Enforce.

In that case, I have disabled the HTTPS Enforce from your Site Tools -> Security -> HTTPS Enforce, and that solved the issue. Now, the SVG files are shown properly again and you can verify that with the screenshot below:

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that it’s not a GP issue 🙂

sonuspre

Lisa – thank you for taking the time to follow up with a solution. I too have this issue on Siteground and this saved me many hours.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.