[Resolved] WooCommerce Shop showing Mobile layout on Desktop

Home Forums Support [Resolved] WooCommerce Shop showing Mobile layout on Desktop

Home Forums Support WooCommerce Shop showing Mobile layout on Desktop

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ann Osborne

Hi,
    When I set the layout for the WooCommerce shop, I am getting only the mobile layout i.e. one column showing for the Desktop layout.
    If I change the mobile layout to two columns then the desktop layout also shows just two columns even though nthe desktop settings in GP are set to four columns. I am using W£ Total Cache, would this have anything to do with this issue?

Thanks in advance

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Caches can be a pain as they sometimes re-order the CSS – so yes there is a possibility.
    Try clearing and disabling the cache to see if the issue is resolved. If it doesn’t then leave the cache disabled and let us know.

Ann Osborne

Hi David,

Thanks for the quick response. I did a bit of tweaking and found that the issue is indeed to do with the minifying of the CSS files. This was done to speed the site up. So, without minifying, the layout is perfect and as per the GP layout settings. With minify, the issue comes back. Are there specific CSS files that I could eliminate from the minify settings that would allow the rest of the site to remain minified whilst leaving the shop layout un-minified (if that makes sense).

thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

the woocommerce.css and woocommerce.min.css style sheets are the main ones for the the shop layout.

Ann Osborne

Thanks, I’ll play around there and see what works best in terms of layout versus speed.
    Thanks for the quick support!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome.
    As a note your server is running HTTP 2.0 – so although speed test reports advice on combining CSS and scripts this may not actually deliver a speed benefit.

HTTP 2 allows more requests to be made concurrently – so its case of loading lots of little files on one go versus loading one larger combined file.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.