[Resolved] Woocommerce Product options not showing properly

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Woocommerce Product options not showing properly

Home Forums Support Woocommerce Product options not showing properly

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Michael Loguidice

Hi there…

I’m having an issue using woocommerce with amazon affiliate links. No matter what link I used (either text, or text + image), the image does not show on the left side of the page and there is a blank icon where the image is supposed to be.

Instead the image shows on the right side of the page, under the title text, and also in the description section below.

Can you help me to figure out whats going wrong with this?

Also, there is an error script showing at the top of my site and it seems related to amazon images. I’ve attached 2 images related to this problem…

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
    Michael

Warning: getimagesize(//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?_encoding=UTF8&ASIN=B000MGR1U4&Format=_SL250_&ID=AsinImage&MarketPlace=US&ServiceVersion=20070822&WS=1&tag=truehealthtru-20&language=en_US): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/trueheal/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-open-graph/output.class.php on line 308

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jcgfbkam3idtdif/Screen%20Shot%202019-02-05%20at%205.28.37%20AM.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gdwycqudidnw5cb/Screen%20Shot%202019-02-05%20at%205.29.10%20AM.png?dl=0

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

First make sure the free theme and premium plugin you are using are both up to date:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generatepress-and-gp-premium/

Then can you try #1 here to eliminate any plugin conflicts first?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Let me know πŸ™‚

Michael Loguidice

Hi Leo,

I did eliminate one conflict with a plug in that solved a similar but unrelated error message… but otherwise the same error message and improper display persists on the product page.

Both theme and plugins are updated as well.

Do you have any other ideas of what could be happening here?

As you can see on the page, the widgets from the right side are now showing beneath the content, and the images aren’t showing on the page properly…

https://truehealthtruelife.com/product/spirulina-powder-organic-1-lb/

I appreciate all your help, thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That error on top seems to be coming from this plugin: wp-open-graph

If you deactivate it, does the sidebar issue fix itself?

Michael Loguidice

Hey Tom,

I did remove that plugin, and the error message is gone, however the sidebar did NOT fix itself. I’m thinking it has something to do with Woocommerce. I’m also having problems getting the image to show on the left side, in the blank icon you see on there on the left. Not sure what’s going on there either.

https://truehealthtruelife.com/product/spirulina-powder-organic-1-lb/?preview=true

But do you think there’s a conflict with woocommerce?

Thank you
    Michael

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The sidebar looks good to me now – did you get that working?

It looks like you added your image into the short description.

Instead, you should add it to the product images area, which should be in the sidebar while editing the product.

Michael Loguidice

Hi Tom,

The sidebar is working, after I sent the last message I disabled a plug in that was causing the problem there.

But as for the picture, I’m not actually uploading an image. This is solely from the Amazon affiliates links… the “text & image” code in the main text editor HTML section, and the “image” only code in the product short description section…

Here is the “text & image” code:
    <iframe style=”width:120px;height:240px;” marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no” frameborder=”0″ src=”//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=as_ss_li_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=truehealthtru-20&language=en_US&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B000MGR1U4&asins=B000MGR1U4&linkId=819b9202f144abd013cd2b830408444e&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true”></iframe>

And when I do add an image by itself and remove the code… it still doesn’t populate in the left side, where the blank image icon is… it looks the same as it does now.

Im doing all this through woocommerce, products…

Any other thoughts?

Thanks so much!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In that case, it might be best to remove the left side image on the page completely. I don’t think we’ll be able to move the actual product image if it’s coming from Amazon.

Try this CSS:

.woocommerce #content div.product div.summary {
        float: none;
        width: 100%;
    }

Let me know πŸ™‚

Michael Loguidice

Hi Tom,

A few updates…

I tried that CSS in the Custom CSS section and nothing happened. Hopefully I did that right.

However, I did try adding an image manually to the left sidebar in the product images area, and it did work, populating in the left image area on the page. Previously I added the images through the media library and the “add media” button, and it did not work.

However, I was hoping that the amazon link would take care of all the product images, so that I don’t have to manually upload images for all the products I have.

What do you think?

Thanks again!
    Michael

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I don’t believe adding an Amazon link like that can automatically handle all of the images, unfortunately.

There might be a WooCommerce extension available for Amazon products though – might be worth doing some looking around πŸ™‚

Michael Loguidice

I think adding the images manually isn’t such a tough thing… I’ll look for extensions,etc, but thanks again, I appreciate your help!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.