[Resolved] WooCommerce Payment setup for staging site blocked by Jetpack

Home Forums Support [Resolved] WooCommerce Payment setup for staging site blocked by Jetpack

Home Forums Support WooCommerce Payment setup for staging site blocked by Jetpack

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sarah

Hi,
    I built a staging site using WordPress.org, Cloudways hosting, GeneratePress Premium and the Dispatch template from Generate Press. When I try to get WooCommerce working properly, it’s giving me an error. I’m guessing this might be outside the range of what you can help with, since GP is working just fine, but was hoping you might be able to point me in the right direction.

The error:
    There was a problem connecting this site to WordPress.com: “Jetpack requires your site https://wordpress-588744-2133247.cloudwaysapps.com to be publicly accessible.”

I think I understand the error itself, but isn’t the whole point of a staging area that you want to get your site working without pushing anything live?

I’m running GeneratePress Premium (3.0.4), Generate Blocks (free version), Code Snippets, and recently installed WooCommerce (5.8.0). I chose not to install Jetpack after looking at some documentation (including comments in GP support forum) that suggested that Jetpack slows things down and isn’t really necessary. My understanding is that Woo still uses Jetpack in order to manage payment, even if you don’t download the plugin. I considered reaching out to Woo directly, but they require you to give them access to your site, which I’m not keen to do. I’m afraid they’ll delete all the posts I’ve built with GP. I’ve tried disabling non-essential plugins like Code Snippets (I haven’t added anything anyway) but am afraid to disable GP.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Sarah,

Have you tried reaching out to JetPack’s support team?

My understanding is that Woo still uses Jetpack in order to manage payment, even if you don’t download the plugin.

I’m not sure if this is the case – you can reach out to WooCommerce’ support team for clarification.

Sarah

It didn’t occur to me since I didn’t install it, but I’ll try that next. Thanks, Leo!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.