[Resolved] WooCommerce or Selfmade-shop?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] WooCommerce or Selfmade-shop?

Home Forums Support WooCommerce or Selfmade-shop?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Yannick

Hi,
    my girlfriend and me are potters. The homepage I’m creating shall be our „shop“. The difference to a normal shop is that we want to give all our products away for donation. For each product you have a sign in period of 4 days, after these 4 days a raffle will choose a winner.

What is the better option for this kind of „shop“?
    Using Woocommerce and switching off the add to cart button and the price tag and add the shortcode for the raffle plugin on the single product page?
    Or is it better to create a page layout which I will use and copy for every single product by changing title, picture and description? (How can I make a page which I can use for every single product?)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, good question! This may be a better question for WooCommerce support, as they may have run into something similar. I can’t think of a good way off the top of my head, but I’ll keep an eye out 🙂

Yannick

Thank you Tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem 🙂

Yannick

I contacted Woo-Commerce and it seems like there’s no real solution for my needs. So I decided to built every single product page myself.
    I will post here my solution when I’m finished.

Is it possible to copy the page layout so that I only need to change the pictures and the title instead of rebuilding the whole page for every single product?

Best wishes
    Yannick

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You could try a plugin like this: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/duplicate-post/

Yannick

My solution was now to design the shop-overview-page and the single-product-page with Elementor and duplicate the single-product-page for every item with the plugin you recommended. Raffle-plugin: ContestCat.

http://sykeramik.com/market/

Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got something working 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.