[Resolved] WooCommerce Menu Cart icon jumps within sticky navigation

Home Forums Support [Resolved] WooCommerce Menu Cart icon jumps within sticky navigation

Home Forums Support WooCommerce Menu Cart icon jumps within sticky navigation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Kim

Hi!

I’m trying to get a WooCommerce cart-plugin called Menu Cart Pro (places a cart-icon in the navigation menu) to play nicely with GP. I’ve set the primary navigation to ‘sticky’, and for some reason, when I scroll down the page and the navbar changes from its normal to its ‘sticky’ mode, the cart icon jumps and changes positions (from left of search/hamburger icons to the right of them). You can see the phenomenon live here.

Wasn’t quite sure whether to ask you or the Menu Cart guys first, but I have to start somewhere…

Kim

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Strange, what happens if you change your navigation alignment in “Customize > Layout > Primary Navigation” to “Left”?

Kim

Same thing I’m afraid:( I did try quite a few different combinations (Navigation Allignment Right/Left/Center, Navigation/Inner Navigation Width Contained vs. Full etc.) and nothing seems to affect the behaviour. Weird…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you give this CSS a try?:

.nav-float-right .navigation-clone.main-navigation .menu > li.slideout-toggle,
    .nav-float-right .navigation-clone.main-navigation .menu > li.search-item {
        display: block;
        float: right;
    }
    Kim

Sorry to be such a drag, but phenomenon remains the same even with the css…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you try copying the CSS directly from this topic instead of the email? It looks like the > characters were converted in your email client.

Kim

I did copy it from the topic, however, as I just found out, I only copied what was visible inside the white ‘frame’ in your post… Now that I copied all of the code including the bits to the right of the frame it works fine:)

The whole menu still jumps about a centimetre to the right every time the navbar enters ‘sticky mode’, as if normal/sticky navbar have different container widths. Might this be due to my settings?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s happening because when it’s not sticky, it’s using your header which has left and right padding.

You can remove your header and use your navigation as a header pretty easily using the instructions at the bottom of this article: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/sticky-navigation/

Kim

Great, thanks for the tip:) Kim

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem 🙂

Susanne

Hello, Just reading this while trying to figure out the same problem, but the article you referred to at https://docs.generatepress.com/article/sticky-navigation/ does not seem to contain the instructions for removing the header. Is it still somewhere to be found?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I think this is what you are looking for: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/navigation-logo/#navigation-as-header

Let me know.

Susanne

Hi Leo, yes thanks, that is the document, but that still does not resolve the problem that the sticky navigation jumps. Should it not stay in the same position when switching from the regular header? I believe that was Kim’s problem and it is mine too.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you follow all the steps in the article then it shouldn’t.

Are you able to provide a link to your site?

Susanne

Hi Leo,
    sorry I am developing locally, but i just looked at another GP site and I applied the same settings and it worked, so it must be something else I am doing. Yikes. Thanks for your feedback i report back when I find it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.