[Resolved] WooCommerce Images Too Large – no code affects it

Home Forums Support [Resolved] WooCommerce Images Too Large – no code affects it

Home Forums Support WooCommerce Images Too Large – no code affects it

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    H

I have seen other posts on this and have tried custom css code listed and modified image size re-uploaded and adjusted woocommerce image size setting. If I switch to the Twenty Seventeen theme, it all works good and images are smaller. So it doesn’t seem to be a woocommerce issue because the image size is much smaller in other themes. I just paid for GP Premium and hope I can get some support. The other posts about this issue were not helpful and it seemed there was some finger-pointing going on between GP and Woo.
    thanks for any help you can provide. I will switch back to the GPP theme and leave it until I hear back. I would hate to have to leave GPP – it’s a great theme.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

do you mean the single product page images?
    If so can you clear and disable your cache plugin so i can see where the offending CSS is coming from.

H

Thanks for the prompt reply. I cleared the cache for w3 total cache. There are two pages, https://expertprotraining/shop and https://expertprotraining/shopping which is full page and doesn’t include the right side panel column. I did get the pictures smaller by maybe three things: I added my GPP license key which I forgot to populate, activated the GPP WooCommerce part, and I created smaller 400×400 images and uploaded them. You can see the products are in a single column, not a row, I’ve tried many things to correct this and the sizing (which is now correct). If I switch to another theme, I can control the pic size in the WC customization panel and the products appear correctly in a row, not a single column. So I think there is something going on with GPP. The only item I have activated in GPP so far is the WooCommerce part.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you clear and disable your cache plugin?

H

I have cleared cache and deactivated the w3 total cache plugin. AND Amazingly, things are working much better now. In fact, the site is now tremendously responsive where it wasn’t just a bit ago front and back end. So, I need to ask, what cache plugin do you recommend for GPP compatibility? Without it my GTMetrix reports are terrible and it causes memory and script errors on my hosting’s server. Which is why they recommended I install it in the first place. Thanks for any recommendation you can provide and I will test. h mark taylor

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Caches can be a real pain. We generally keep things minimal and provide a list of optimization tips here:

https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

H

Thanks for your help and really appreciate the great customer support.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome glad we can help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.