[Resolved] Woocommerce gallery lightbox

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Woocommerce gallery lightbox

Home Forums Support Woocommerce gallery lightbox

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Krzysztof

Hello. Are options for setting up lightbox removed for GP, or generally?
    Also, how could I style a bit current image slider, which is ugly to be honest, and displays all the unneeded info like file name?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

This post should offer some info:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/disable-lightbox-for-woocommerce-products/

Not sure what you mean by display file name?

This is the default WooCommerce’ display:
    https://gpsites.co/seller/product/happy-ninja-hoodie/

Krzysztof

Hey Leo. I already had done that, but that doesn’t solve the problem that it would be nice to have a proper lightbox, not some 100 year old solution that was enforced in WC. Also on the sample page, you get exactly what I wrote, file name beneath the picture. It looks ugly, main image is unclickable, you get black background, as opposed to every other gallery lightbox you can get these days either from the market or included in themes/builders… I know this is mainly WC issue, but maybe you have some suggestions for a plugin/anything to make it look at least plausible, because WC support is next to none on this topic.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I don’t know of any plugins that enhance the default slideshow by default, but I’m sure they exist. Have you done much looking around for any, yet?

I just did a quick search, but nothing really nice stood out, unfortunately. Something must exist, though?

You can remove the default caption with some CSS:

.pswp__caption {
        display: none;
    }

You can change the background color like this:

.pswp__bg {
        background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
    }
    Krzysztof

TBH, I was sure that Elementor would replace it with their own LB, but it doesn’t work as intended, I wrote them a ticket, but they are crawling slow when answering tickets. Thanks for the CSS, I’ll try to play with it a bit. I had done some reasearch, but since I dropped clean WP for Elementor, had not taken care for Lightbox plugins, and many of current ones are just overweight with functions that I don’t need, or just plainly overpriced for the things they do. Back to the simple Lightbox it is for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.