[Support request] WooCommerce Feature – GeneratePress

Home Forums Support [Support request] WooCommerce Feature – GeneratePress

Home Forums Support WooCommerce Feature – GeneratePress

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sumit

Hi I want to understand how woocommerce feature of generate press works.

Can we use this feature to edit things like default product page template? Checkout Template? Add to Cart Template, collection template etc?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Woocommerce module provides theme styling options for the Shop and Product Pages.
    Although you can disable/enable different meta/content it doesn’t allow you to edit the templates.

If you can share a particular style you’re looking then we can advise on what can be done.

Sumit

I am trying to see whether or not I can customize “whole frontend design” of woocommerce store, for layouts like product page, collection page, cart page, checkout page etc, with the help of html js and generate press features.

I think it will be game changer.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can use some Page Builders theming options to change layouts. Personally i avoid them as they are prone to cause issues with any other woo plugins you choose to use, add a lot more unnecessary code.

With a knowledge of PHP to edit templates or how to use Hooks you can customize Woo to create most things.

You can see some of this in the GP Sites library sites.

Sumit

I am personally stearing clear of any page builders, they are nothing but pain in neck.

What kind of hooks in generate press will help me, looking for a kickstart.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

This site provides visual guides for woo hooks, all of them aside from those where a specific theme is mentioned are present in the GP theme:

https://businessbloomer.com/category/woocommerce-tips/visual-hook-series/

And these can be accessed by the GP Hook Element

Sumit

Awesome. Those hooks pretty much covers it. I will revisit again if I something comes up. Thanks a lot Dave. You are awesome.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.