[Resolved] Woocommerce.css Woocommerce-layout.css

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Woocommerce.css Woocommerce-layout.css

Home Forums Support Woocommerce.css Woocommerce-layout.css

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Matt

Woocommerce.css Woocommerce-layout.css
    I made a staging area where I can play around with my website. I also made a child theme so I can do edits without them being overwritten when wordpress, woocommerce, or my theme update. I was wondering if there was a way to make it to where I can make a child theme edit for Woocommerce.css & Woocommerce-layout.css to get the look i’m going for. I know what you’re thinking why not just put in CSS code and fix the things on Woocommerce.css and Woocommerce-layout.css
    Well mainly because I only would like to use a minimum additional CSS as possible so I don’t have tons of code just sitting in a file. I know that’s basically what the .css files I want to use are but i’d rather just make edits to the code rather than add tons of CSS.

Also bear with me cause i’m still learning this CSS stuff but i’m trying.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

WordPress itself only allows top-level files to be overwritten in child themes so I don’t think what you have in mind is possible without some sort of hack.

Overwriting the existing CSS is definitely the way to go.

Matt

If I move over other files from my parent folder such as like sidebar.php cause I want to edit it. It takes over priority and overwrites the parent folder’s version once I edit it and put it in my child themes folder? Also *theoretically* if I was to just move over all the files from my theme folder would wordpress just try to load the child files moved or will it try to open both the child and parent? The reason I ask is I want to lower my un-needed extra requests so page loads faster but make my own little changes throughout the menu.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

If I move over other files from my parent folder such as like sidebar.php cause I want to edit it. It takes over priority and overwrites the parent folder’s version once I edit it and put it in my child themes folder?

I’m not sure if that’d work but I’d recommend against it.

You’d have to go through some tests for yourself as it’s quite unconventional.

I doubt you’d need much performance gain from doing that either.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.