[Support request] First Impressions

Home Forums Support [Support request] First Impressions

Home Forums Support First Impressions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Steve

Hi Tom
    I’m new to GeneratePress (one week) and have already upgraded to premium. Great product.
    Although it’s fairly intuitive I found most of the help files deal with the more complex issues.

It would be really helpful to have a walk through document or video that build a simple site, so that you can find where the basics are and the strategy the Theme uses. i.e. there is only the default template.
    It also took me ages to find the layout section as it was hidden off screen below the large Yost SEO screen. (Now moved up)
    It believe it would be better in the side panel as a tabbed item, then it would be more obvious immediately.

As I say great product and I hope my initial views are helpful.

I need some help on a couple areas so will post these as individual topics.

Best
    Steve

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Steve,

glad to hear you are enjoying GeneratePress. I and some of the other Site developers have plans to produce video breakdowns on how we built some of the Sites in the library, which will be really helpful.

Funnily the layout meta boxes were individual elements that used to reside in the sidebar, but they took up a lot of vertical space and if i recall caused some issues when using a smaller tablet device. Hence the big combined meta. But we’re always grateful to receive opinions and feedback.

On that note, GP 1.7 (in Beta) has a new Elements module which takes Layout, Hooks and Page headers to a whole new level.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.