[Resolved] Woocomerce Storefront Child theme ( Category Style )

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Woocomerce Storefront Child theme ( Category Style )

Home Forums Support Woocomerce Storefront Child theme ( Category Style )

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    FunkyCss

Hallo i want to make a new shop where the product categories i would like to be displayed like here

https://themes.woocommerce.com/bistro/ Where it says Shop By Category , i like the hover effect where it displays the product category description because i find the basic to be very limited and not nice .

It can be done with simple CSS?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

it would probably require custom development to do that. Do you have a site set-up that i can take a look at to see if there is a simple solution?

FunkyCss

Hi David ,

I thought about that , no is not necessary , i will try to keep stuff simple as possible and is not something crazy that i wanted to have .

But as i was looking the Storefront theme , i noticed that is a bit more faster than the GP with Woocomerce , maybe is my idea and not good tested but i was amazed how good it works . They have improved a lot

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I looked it a little closer and it is doable but requires a couple of hooks and some CSS. But yes sometimes simple is best.

I would expect their dedicated woo sites to be performant ( although that wasn’t the case in the past ) – but also their demos are using a static cache which is boosting their performance.

FunkyCss

Hi , I tested they storefront demo in my server and has a smooth feel , ofc is hard to make it as you want without coding , but it feels solid .

Also something to Notice is that if you enable some hard caching ( Woocomerce Blocks ) they broke sometimes . But in the Woocomerce Child Themes they never do .

Also if you want to make a ecommerce site with GP and no page builder but only with Woocomerce Blocks for like you have done in the MERCH , is not feeling good in some mobile devices as Xiaomi M2 and Firefox , Just saying that maybe is something to consider , as more and more sites are using Woocomerce .

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I would expect their theme to be well integrated with woo as it is a niche’ theme by the same developer. The Woocommerce Blocks are really hit and miss, they fix bugs in one update whilst breaking something else… really not good to the extent i am looking at removing them from Merch.

I have not tested on a Xiaomi device but across other android and iOS devices aross all major browsers i haven’t seen any issues. If you have any to share i can take a look. Always good to get feedback. Much appreciated.

FunkyCss

Hallo David

Yes Woocomerce Blocks is really slowing down things but this is not the problem , it feels just “not right”
    Even with Elementor Pro Woocomerce Product Widget is much better .

I know that it helps to give some feedback and this is the reason i send you the latest message.

If i had to choose between a page builder if i had to make my own store probably i would go with WooComerce official theme cause it feels nice as i told you , it has better feel without even optimization . I am not a coder or something , consider that as an end user feedback .

I hope this helps .

Andreas

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for the feedback.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.