[Resolved] Woo product gallery freezing and a white strip appearing above thumbs

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Woo product gallery freezing and a white strip appearing above thumbs

Home Forums Support Woo product gallery freezing and a white strip appearing above thumbs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tractor-1

Hi,

My Woocommerce product gallery is throwing two fits (tested in latest FF and Chrome).

1: Product picture freezes upon downsizing the browser window and maximizing back again — that is,
    open the single product page in a maximized browser window and the product picture will look like it should,
    downsize the window and it’ll adjust to it too,
    but if you maximize the browser back again, the product picture will keep showing the smaller version unless you interact with those small thumbs to help it unfreeze.

This looks especially ugly on my production site as it’s got large pictures. I’m targeting desktop users so I want to make sure my store looks pretty to them.

Screenshot
    Live demo (access code: tractor)

2: A white strip appears above small thumbs in downsized browser window
    Screenshot

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The woocommerce gallery carousel uses Javascript to calculate the size of the images for its responsive behaviour. It does a reasonably well balanced job of when to recalculate the sizes. Not too often to cause poor site performance but generally often enough for most ‘normal’ resizing purposes such as portrait / landscape rotation on a tablet for example.

On my desktop i only notice the gap if am ‘quite aggressive’ with my resizing of the browser – is it more apparent on your device ?

tractor-1

I attached a screenshot to elaborate how apparent the white part is on my screen in my original post. It’s about the height of the thumbs (100px) on desktop.

🙁 You didn’t address the main problem (fist one)– the product pic staying downsized upon maximizing the browser window. This is driving me crazy on my production site. It happens every time.

This is how horrible the freeze problem is on a wide layout.
    Screenshot

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I just took a look at this and it’s not that apparent on my computer, no matter how aggressively I resize the browser.

I tried in Firefox and Chrome.

When resizing, I assume they have a resize listener in javascript, which can perform badly if your browser already has higher resources. It may be something you need to bring up with WooCommerce themselves, as we don’t have any control over that specific code.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.