[Resolved] Wondering best way to replicate this type of blog layout

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Wondering best way to replicate this type of blog layout

Home Forums Support Wondering best way to replicate this type of blog layout

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Adam

Hello,

I am trying to replicate this Avada themed site with generatepress. So far its going well but I have a question about the best way to create the blog layout that appears on the page I linked below.

Can I emulate this with only CSS using the generatepress blog layout or even the WP show posts plug in by Tom? I think it might require javascript/php alterations. I am not sure.

What do you think would be the best approach? Or is there a plug-in that you can recommend that is lightweight and only modifies the blog layout?

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Is there a specific part you’re having trouble with?

Can you link us to what you have so far?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Adam

Hi Tom,

I am wanting to replicate this https://soletosoulhealthandhealing.com/sole-to-soul-notes/ ‘time line’ blog layout from avada with generate press. I was trying to do it with the WP show posts plug-in and I can successfully change the CSS for the sizing and colors and it has the double column lay out. But I think the actual timeline in the middle is using some more complex code. It collapses and opens when the viewer chooses a month, displaying or hiding that months blogs.

I looked around at some plug-ins and it looks like maybe using a plug-in that is already designed for the timeline display might be the best approach? I am using generatepress with the beaver builder page builder and there is this plug-in that seems pretty close in function. It has the timeline but it doesn’t have the expandable by month option it seems.

I would link you to the blog page in progress but its in staging and requires a username/password to view. Where would I email that info so you can receive it privately?

Thank you for any advice,

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah yes, that kind of timeline feature would require some pretty extensive coding without a plugin.

There should be a handful of plugins out there if you search for “wordpress timeline blog plugin”.

Adam

Hey Tom,

Okay that makes sense, thank you for your advice. I found a plugin that looks like it will work well.

Cheers,

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.