[Support request] Wired – Site Library – Editing the menu bar

Home Forums Support [Support request] Wired – Site Library – Editing the menu bar

Home Forums Support Wired – Site Library – Editing the menu bar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mathattack

Hi all,

I’m super new to WP but learning all the time.
    I have Wired from the site library running on GP Premium on a staging site via my hosting.

I’m loving exploring what the theme can do and getting creative.

My question is when I come to select ‘edit page’ for the home page I can edit all the default type no problem but I can not see the menu bar or logo. I can only see the menu bar when I go to the ‘customise’ option.

Am I missing something obvious? I would like to see the menu as an editable container/block just as the default text. Is this possible?

Also can I ask that when I go to ‘edit page’ am I using the WP Block editor or am I automatically using Generate Blocks?

Thanks in advance

Matthew

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

first off when you edit a page or post, you’re using the Block Editor which is part of WordPress core. The GenerateBlocks plugin simply adds 4 x Blocks to the editor ( Container, Grid, Headline and Buttons )

Historically the Editor is only for editing your content.
    WP 5.8 has begun the progression to Full Site Editing which in the future you may/will be able to edit Theme Elements such as the Header or Navigation. Until that time you will control those elements using the Customizer.

mathattack

Many thanks for your reply.

So does that mean that you I not control the menu font size, typeface, colour and position?
    All I can see in the customiser are controls for reordering pages and enlarging the logo size atm.

Can these be changed with custom code instead?

Also by using the WP core block editor I’m not affecting a possible ‘bloat’ of the theme in anyway am I?
    I ask because I chose GP as one of the leanest fastest themes available and I don’t want to bog it down.
    Again please excuse my naivety as I learn on the job : ) I am a little confused as to the difference between WP Blocks and GP blocks.

Cheers
    Matthew

mathattack

Arrrhhhh! I’ve just found the controls to do the menu work.
    Sorry for asking daft questions : )

A bit more playing around and I found it.

Matthew

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No apologies necessary – all questions are valid !

Glad to hear you found it.
    Don’t be afraid to ask if you need any other assistance 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.