[Support request] Will GDPR have impact on this theme?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Will GDPR have impact on this theme?

Home Forums Support Will GDPR have impact on this theme?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Zipeng

Does wordpress collect cookies on users by default?

Does ads collect info from users?

how can we comply with this law?

Does this theme have to comply this law?

any kindly heads up on this case would be appreciated.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

WordPress itself is working on built-in GDPR solutions.

As for ads, it depends on the ads you’re using. I would assume so.

The free theme doesn’t collect any data from its users, so it complies.

GP Premium does collect the site URL when you activate your license key, so that’s something we’re going to have to add a checkbox to most likely.

Marcus

Tom,

does this theme store any kind of cookies? – I have a large number of cookies, and my entire opt-in cookie plugin is pointless because I have approx. 10 cookies. I need to trace down where all of them are coming from.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Marcus

Zipeng

Please update us if wordpress will do anything to comply with GDPR.
    The law will go live in May 25th, if WordPress not do anything by then, hope the author of the theme can do something for it, many websites could get impacted.

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The theme doesn’t store any theme related cookies.

WordPress itself does store cookies, which they’re addressing in WP 4.9.6 this week.

The theme will get an update tomorrow which will enable it to display the new checkbox for comments in WP 4.9.6.

Zipeng

WP 4.9.6 just came out yesterday, did the theme get update to compatible with the WP update yet?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yes, 2.1.2 was released on Wednesday which added support for the new comment cookie checkbox ๐Ÿ™‚

Zipeng

I updated the theme and WP. Can you use a few words how WP to handle this case to comply the GDPR?

After updated the theme and the WP, can you check out my site if its doing its job to comply with the law?

investmentwatchblog.com

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Unfortunately we’re not in a position to offer any legal advice here in the forums.

You’ll want to check with your lawyers to make sure everything is compliant.

Zipeng

“As per requirements of GDPR – It should be as easy to withdraw consent, as it is to give. For this, each publisher would have to put a button/link on their website through which the user is able to access consent controls/CMP. This should be present on the site at all times.”

I wonder if WP or this theme has this function that allow visitor to access consent control?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

WP 4.9.6 added more tools in the Tools section of the Dashboard for that. If a user requests their data, you can do all of it within WP core ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.