[Support request] Why no 2 column layout for mobile?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Why no 2 column layout for mobile?

Home Forums Support Why no 2 column layout for mobile?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Fabian

Hello.

First of alle. Great work. I just discovered your theme, rebuild our website in like 90 minutes, and I totally love your work. Great performance in speed and enough built in customizing for everything. The site in questuin is the following: http://neu.nextpr.de/agentur/

I used basic wp column to make the team grid and a custom media grid for the logos. Perfect for desktop view. But why can’t it switch to a 2 column layout instead of just 1, which is just too big. Please take a look to see what I mean: https://vimeo.com/309933110

There are plenty of ways, but I think it would be a very nice upgrade if you could show a way to integrate the function in your “almost” perfect theme. ๐Ÿ™‚

A very big thanks in advance. I search the forum to find a solution for my issue and hope I didn’t miss a thread.

Best regards,
    Fabian

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Thanks for the great feedback, much appreciated.
    that looks like a visual composer module? Does VC not provide Mobile column settings?

GP only manages the Theme Templates, the content we leave to that particular plugin. We can help with CSS if the above doesn’t apply.

Fabian

Thanks for the quick reply. And think you are right, but i can’t find any theme or plugin doin’ the task. And in my mind it should be native already, because the new phones are big enough already.

I really like the overall setup with your theme and will continue to find a way. Best regards,
    fabian

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looks like you found a solution? Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Fabian

I did. Just altered the way the vc 6-column-layout behaves on mobile with the two lines for mobil vertical/horizontal:

@media
    only screen and (max-width: 479px) {
    .vc_col-sm-2 {width: 33%; display:inline-block !important;}
    }

@media
    only screen and (max-width: 768px) {
    .vc_col-sm-2 {width: 33%; display:inline-block !important;}
    }

this brings the 6 column layout to 3 columns after the breakpoint. And as I can see now the second string would work on it’s own!

Best regards,
    Fabian

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that and thanks for sharing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.