[Resolved] Why my H1 headings are missing?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Why my H1 headings are missing?

Home Forums Support Why my H1 headings are missing?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Stephen

Hello,
    We have been using GP theme for our past clients and are going to keep using it for future clients.
    Recently we using SEO analysis tool to check our sites’ health, we were told that the pages are missing H1 heading.
    Usually as I know, the page title should be automatically H1, but it seems not.

Now my question is that how should I have one H1 heading on one page, but also make it hidden. (Although I can make a block and add heading inside and change it to H1, the block seems always there and it is a part of the page content which is not the object I need).

Reference video link https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/1859034?key=6e341fa594817d62dda2fcb303807430

I want to stick closer to GP, and bear my low level question if it does.
    Sincerely,

Chris

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

by default all Posts / Pages / Archives display a H1 heading. The only page that does not is the Front Page ( home ) if that is set to display the Latest Posts.

The only reasons why a H1 would not display is:
    1. No Title was added to the page.
    2. The Content Title has been disabled in the editor or via a layout element.

Stephen

Hi David,

Steve jumping in here. Our problem is not that the H1 headings aren’t displaying, it’s that they are not being accessed by search engines. We have 2 different SEO tools – Rank Math and Ubersuggest – telling us that many of our posts and pages are missing H1s and meta data. Do you have any tips on how to make sure these are search-engine friendly?

Thanks again for having the best support team around.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Steve,

if understand correctly, you do not want to display a H1 on the page but you want to avoid SEO tools / Search engines to not flag that as an issue ?

Stephen

Hi David, Steve maybe busy at this moment, I can explain more clearly.
    Our SEO tools told us that our website pages did not have H1 title being recognized, which means this missing could affect our SEO ranking for pages of our site.

Whether to display the H1 or not, it is fine, our goal is to let SEO ranking tool knows that our pages have H1 heading.

For your answer, reply to #2 question, I would like to check it, could you please tell me where to check it?
    The only reasons why a H1 would not display is:
    2. The Content Title has been disabled in the editor or via a layout element.

Appreciated your helps,
    Best regards,

Chris

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

There are two places that you can disable the Content Title:

1. The Disable Elements box in the post / page editor:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/disable-elements-overview/

2. The same options are also available in the Layout Element, which if one exists then they are found in Dashboard > Appearance > Elements:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

Stephen

Hi David, Do you mean that once I enable the content title, the content title will be H1?

If it so, then there will be a dilemma situation, the title will turn to be visible which will affect my current design appearance. How can I have H1 and at same time keeping the content title invisible become the headache issue.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats correct, by default the contents Title is the H1.

Bu there is nothing stopping you from adding the H1 element to your content.

For example: Looking at your Speed page, you have this H2: ‘Hosting that Optimizes WordPress Site Speed is Our Specialty’ – there would be nothing stopping you from making this the H1 on the page. Or any other element.

That heading is using the Headline Block which you can set to a H1 in it settings.

Alternatives is you add a content title and then use some CSS to hide it… but this is just ticking a box in your SEO Analysis tool…

Stephen

David, I want you to understand how much Chris & I appreciate you taking us through a long intricate discussion to get to this remedial answer. We just were not understanding how one of the blocks was working and the best way to handle it for SEO, but now you’ve cleared it up.

THANK YOU.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Happy to be of help! And really appreciate the kind feedback

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.