[Resolved] Why Margin 0px in mobile view? Is this intended?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Why Margin 0px in mobile view? Is this intended?

Home Forums Support Why Margin 0px in mobile view? Is this intended?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dennis

Hello,

I use GP Premium with the default Gutenberg and I just noticed on mobile that the Paragraph Text has 0 margin and padding. Is this intended? I think it would be better readable if you add a small margin for mobile. For example if the word finishing with the letter “r” on the right side you would think that this might be an “n”.

See this Screenshot. But you would need to check this on black background to notice my point. And I would argue most mobile devices have a black frame.

If I inspect this element in the mobile view, I see this code:

blockquote, body, dd, dl, dt, fieldset, figure, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, html, iframe, legend, li, ol, p, pre, textarea, ul {
        margin: 0;
        padding: 0;
        border: 0;
    }

What do you think? Thanks in advance.

Dennis

Sorry. This seems to be an issue with LearnDash which adds this strange css to the website:

.entry-content .alignwide, body:not(.no-sidebar) .entry-content .alignfull {
        margin-left: -40px;
        width: calc(100% + 80px);
        max-width: calc(100% + 80px);
    }

I will discuss this with the LearnDash support.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Let us know how you get on with LearnDash support.

Dennis

Ok I saw it is from an inline css:
    <style id=’generate-style-inline-css’ type=’text/css’>

I read in another thread that this css is created from customizer settings? But I did not choose anything special or fancy there.

It is also adding this strange css:

.entry-content > [class*="wp-block-"]:not(:last-child) {
        margin-bottom: 1.5em;
    }

which will destroy the margin for the wp-block-separator for example. It usually has equal margin-bottom and margin-top.

Can you say if this css is somehow added by default for a reason? Or what I may have configured?

Thank you!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you say if this css is somehow added by default for a reason? Or what I may have configured?

It is added by default so all wp-blocks will have 1.5em margin on its bottom part except for the last one (last-child). It’s a styling preference so the blocks don’t look vertically jammed too much to give the eyes of a the reader a bit of “breathing space”.

but you can always override it by adding your own custom CSS on Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS.

You can remove it with this if you want:
    .entry-content > [class*="wp-block-"]:not(:last-child) { margin-bottom: 0; }

Dennis

Ok, I guess for most cases this makes sense, so I added a class to my separator and fixed it this way.

Thanks for the info!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. Glad to be of any help. 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.