[Support request] Why I can’t edit secondary navigation height and other style?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Why I can’t edit secondary navigation height and other style?

Home Forums Support Why I can’t edit secondary navigation height and other style?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sampsa

Hi,

I can’t edit secondary navigation. In customize-mode everything seems to be correct but in live version it’s wrong (1, 2)! And same thing in mobile view (3, 4).

Image 1, height is wrong
    Image 2, height is right
    Image 3, everything is right
    Image 4, menu position and height are wrong

How I can fix this?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Customizer can be a little cranky sometimes as it uses Javascript to render changes.
    What Menu Item height have you set in the Customizer for the Secondary navigation? The front end is showing 40px.

You will need to follow this documentation to keep the Secondary Nav horizontal on mobile:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/disable-secondary-navigation-mobile-menu/

Sampsa

Hi,

I have one website, where this working well. But in this page I can’t get it to looking right! My mobile nav specs are everything right and still it look wrong.

Right height for the nav should be 30px.

Sampsa

Hi,

I solved this problem! The guilty was add on named Autoptimize! I switched it of and now everything is okay!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Aah yes – the dreaded Cache plugin 🙂
    Glad to hear you got it resolved.

Sampsa

Interesting! “the dreaded Cache plugin” Why it is dreaded? More harm than benefit?
    In my another page I still use this add on.

-s

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Cache plugins are great. And we personally recommend Autoptimize:
    https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

However, they probably are the majority underlying issue for a lot of support topics we see.
    Your case is a common occurrence where the cache is not cleared so new changes don’t propagate.

My simple advice is:
    Do not enable them whilst developing a site.
    Disable them if you’re making style or code changes to a live site.

If a new problem occurs:
    Try flushing the cache. It may be old code stuck in the system.
    If that don’t work – disable the Cache. It could be the code is not being cached in the order it needs to be in.

You should be able to re-enable Autoptimize now without any issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.